London Dynamo Knob

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
A little advice for the guy in London Dynamo kit jumping the lights at the junction of Copenhagen Street and Barnsbury Road at 7am this morning. If you are going to do this when there are cars around and then receive a toot of the horn from a car driver, who happens to have right of way, then either ignore it or better still put your hand up and acknowledge your 'error'. Do not give the motorist the finger, as this makes you look like a proper tool and does nothing for the relationship between cyclists and car drivers. YOU are in the wrong so just act like a grown up.

Oh and another thing, the little 'handbag' hanging from your wrist, the wrist of the hand you are using to give the finger, is not a good look, made you look a bit pathetic really. All in all, not a great image for London Dynamo.

Comments

• mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    Dynorod
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    /Awaits LD management to arrive and state that if reported via their website they deal with such matters seriously.

Twice I've reported incidents via their website email and I've recieved naff all in the way of response.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I must admit, more often than not, when I see someone in LD kit they are riding like a bit of a knob, the latest being on URR where they mounted the pavement at speed through a group of pedestrians in order to avoid a red light.

I'm sure it's a minority spoiling it for others, but it happens far more with them than other people I see in other team kits.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Asprilla wrote:
    /Awaits LD management to arrive and state that if reported via their website they deal with such matters seriously.

Twice I've reported incidents via their website email and I've recieved naff all in the way of response.

when a Dynamo rode into me in Richmond Park, I did get a response and fairly apologetic, to be fair.

Also to be fair I was blunt and clear, plus I CC Richmond Parks!