Merlin Cycles

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    I prefer Campag.

You haven't got a reaction yet :wink: if you really want to get one; start talking helmets.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Rover wrote:
    I ordered a jacket from Merlins on Wednesday at 3pm and it arrived the following morning by 10am, admittedly their only 10 miles away but that's still excellent service.
    I've used them a few times now and it's always been spot on and it's one of the first places I look when I want/need something.

You lazy old duffer.

BTW, it's 'they are' not 'their' :D

(If I didn't pick that mistake up, that tw@t Arran77 certainly would)

As you know I have no interest in joining you and the womble in the pedants club :wink:

The only time I pick up on stuff like that is when it's you and you've gone out of your way to do it to others :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • I prefer Campag.

You haven't got a reaction yet :wink: if you really want to get one; start talking helmets.

There do seem to be quite a few posting on this forum...
  • pinno
    Why don't I say 'Assos is crap and Rapha stuff is all made in China' ?
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Got to love these '1 post' poster bad reviews. Assuming it's not fake which it probably is by the time you've registered, posted and knocked one out you could have gone on to youtube and learned how to adjust a limit screw.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Personally I find the 1 post - positive review about the product or service I just created or launched just as funny. Particularly if someone pops along a points out all the flaws in their business plan or model.
  • Why don't I say 'Assos is crap and Rapha stuff is all made in China' ?

I don't know, why don't you say it?
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Recently ordered from Merlin for the first time. Bought a 105 group as they had stock and were the same price as Ribble who seemed to have sold out. Ordered 12 past midnight on a Thursday. Order picked, packed and dispatched that morning. Got the goods free postage on the Friday. Thumbs up from me.
  • pinno
    Why don't I say 'Assos is crap and Rapha stuff is all made in China' ?

I don't know, why don't you say it?

Assos is crap and Rapha stuff is all made in China.

PS I have never bought anything from Rapha and I don't own anything with Assos written on it unless I stitched it in myself because I cannot justify buying a pair of hi-tech bib shorts that cost more than a Colnago and the silly spell checker didn't recognise the word 'Colnago' - the world is doomed.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    PS I have never bought anything from Rapha and I don't own anything with Assos written on it unless I stitched it in myself because I cannot justify buying a pair of hi-tech bib shorts that cost more than a Colnago and the silly spell checker didn't recognise the word 'Colnago' - the world is doomed.

The irony of this from someone with Pinarello as a username isn't lost on me....
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pinno

The irony of this from someone with Pinarello as a username isn't lost on me....

Nothing pretentious about my Pinarello ID and it was a little while ago. Just click on the Dutch ladies hockey squad below and you'll see. It's a 2006 2nd hand Aluminium Galileo (actually built in Italy!!) bought from flea bay and I was so over the moon with it after riding steel rigs for donkeys...
    TBH, I was silly when I signed up to BR and should have thought of something better.
    (the Brazilian is all 2nd hand, before you pull me up on that one too :wink: )
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Griffsters wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    Stevea wrote:
    I ordered a Sensa Trentino SL Pro on 24th Jan 2014 it took 6 weeks to come not the 2 - 3 quoted. Took it back because the gears were noisy and could not get 11th (mainly Ultegra) they "fixed it" took it back again for the same reason. They told me they were very busy and not doing service work. I persisted and they agreed to look at it despite being "a month behind on builds!" After they "fixed it" I test rode it in the car park and still could not get 11th. They test rode it and said it was fine. NO ITS NOT! I still cannot get 11th. If you value customer service don't buy from Merlin. Merlin sort it out!

Maybe you should learn to ride a bike.

My thoughts exactly.

Merlin are quality, not always perfect but put it right when it goes wrong in my experience.

Good on you but my Merlin experience is contrary. Yes, quick delivery but disappointing customer service where they failed to respond to my several emails about the purchased product that got badly damaged after only one wearing. Of the several mail order companies I've used for cycling related purchases, Merlin has been my worst experience and unlikely I'd use them again except in very exceptional circumstances.