New bike choice

djfleming22
djfleming22 Posts: 116
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
I was thinking about changing my bike, i have a Pinarello which i really do like but would like to have a nice carbon road bike i have been thinking about the new Focus i read quite a good few reviews about them and like the style and look of them ... my biggest problem is the the model they make the Focus Izalco and Ergoride and like the look of them both and wonder if anyone had any thoughts.

My type of riding is on A roads i like a nice run between 30 miles or 100 depending on how i feel i don't mind the sitting position of the Pinarello but do find sometimes when you go over a bad bit of road its quite bumpy and numbness through the handlebars but all in all handles well and looks great i am looking to spend between £2500 and £3500 on something i am going to keep a long time hopefully i might enter some sportives for fun but not any racing a bit to old at 47 i think now ..........the choice is yours

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Have you considered a Zimmer?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Thats a lot of dosh my friend. You could get something exceptional for that money. Focus are great bikes but from what you said i would go for something a little more bespoke. You could go steel, CF or Ti and i would be looking at the following, Enigma, Moda, Van Nicholas, Canyon.

Good luck, take your time and find the right one and enjoy the experience. Good Luck.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    as the last post said - Canyon - excellent value for money in the price bracket you said
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2