trek 6300 or cube ltd 2012

gobert
gobert Posts: 16
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all
Ive narrowed it down to two....
19.5 6300 redgrey
20 cube ltd red grey
Very little in spec difference, and trek slightly longer frame...ive managed to suss out cube in feel, seems spot on and fractionationly larger/ relexed than cannondale trail im parting with....( frame finish on c,dale tad better)
Though there is none of treks within 50 miles to get the feel of them etc..

Any one with any experience of these bikes...be great, or even snaps of 2012 models in. Mentioned size.
Would I b right in saying trek would be more like cannondale trail then cube...or are we splitting nats nuts...
are recon tks better than old tora tk air.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No one will mind if you post links and finish sentences.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gobert
    http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/produc ... rtno=46108

http://www.trekbikes.com/int/en/bikes/m ... ies/6300/#

Sorry for dis-jointed post..mobile posting.

I assume your not familiar with the bikes.

Any way, insite from owners would be great and pics of the mentioned size frames even better, though all advice welcome. :D

Many thanks
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    Seems that both are pretty close, spec wise, but the cube has way better brakeset.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • Plenty of Cube LTD owners on here - me included.
    The feel of the bike swung it for me. It fitted me better. Even though it is advertised as a XC bike, the Cube felt a bit more chuckable than the Giant. The Giant seemed to wallow (like my old Felt).
    It's a 'marmite bike' amongst my friends - some think it is twitchy at the front end when trail riding. (Although that may be down to the Reba forks on the front end).

But I have read on here that the Giant frames are supposed to be great - especially if you intend to upgrade components at some stage.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • gobert
    Thanks all

Just checked a 6500 out in 19.5 and nice (not as nice looking as 6300) the 19.5 doe's seem biggest all over compared to 19 cannondale i have, and longer in top tube than 20 cube..quit bulky frame too...though v. light, with better finish than cube. though cube breaks a lot better as stated....

Hopefully checking red/grey in 19.5 tmrw so will help me decide, just seemed very long t.t even for some one just 6,1 average legs,torso and arms, 18.5 tad too small defo, unless i was ragging it, of which i will do very rearly.
    . And crappy 15 mm rise AND ONLY 660MM WIDE BARS,so extra expense ALLREADY...lol

Were see how it goes, poss vering toward cube, but the finace package is amazing with trek, with around £90 free bits n bobs i need too. very difficult..

Any 6300 owner on here 2011/12
  • dflash
    dflash Posts: 32
    Cube For sure, this is the same situation when you want to by a car, you know that gearman cars are the best :)
    Don't listen to trek lovers .
  • gobert
    Hi

went for TREK 6300

A lot better frame finish and paint job,in my opinion and i think other then mabe better hubs on trek, same spec...

But got £90 off the trek, so £60 cheaper than cube....

next step up than my c,dale trail 3 in spec, just..but a better fit for a 6,1 rider.
    cheers