Muse - Olympic Theme

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Argh.

That is all.

Witty and erudite, my good man.

WTF?? This thread is pointless without links!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Aye it's not the best, but probably a bit better than some Gary Barlow influenced drivel performed by whoever has been sucking Simon Cowell's dick the most recently.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    EH_Rob wrote:
    Aye it's not the best, but probably a bit better than some Gary Barlow influenced drivel performed by whoever has been sucking Simon Cowell's dick the most recently.

+ Potato
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Seeing as no one else is going to do it....

Muse olympic theme

Yup, that's pretty p**s poor.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    i thought the last bit which sounded a bit more Absolutiony was quite good... I have no idea what it has to do with the Olympics though, or, for that matter, why the Olympics needs a song??
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i've thought for some time that muse wanted to be queen, now they've proved it :lol:

(queen the band, not the monarch :lol: )
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I'm listening to it at the moment. It's pretty dire!

I do like Muse, but this, well, this is just sh1t!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • EH_Rob
    welshkev wrote:
    i've thought for some time that muse wanted to be queen, now they've proved it :lol:

Yup, better than wanting to be One Direction though I suppose.
  • welshkev
    EH_Rob wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

oh, of course. i like both muse and queen - not really sure about the track though.

i bet it will go really well at the opening ceremony with whatever danny boyle has come up with though :D
  • welshkev
    EH_Rob wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

oh, of course. i like both muse and queen - not really sure about the track though.

i bet it will go really well at the opening ceremony with whatever danny boyle has come up with though :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    welshkev wrote:

TBH they did that with United States of Eurasia... There can be ooooooonly one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ok0expLH1o (2:35)

I don't like it much... Just feels a bit Muse-by-numbers, and a bit too close to Take a Bow too- can't help but compare the two and think it's much worse. Though it does get its groove on pretty well by the end, the first 3 minutes is just dull.

On the other hand, it's not Will.i.am.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    So anyway, in the interests of balance here's some proper Muse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9eIfsadAs
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I liked Jeremy Clarksons idea, just have a burning jaguar powersliding round the track with Jimmy Page hanging off the roof playing Zeppelin songs.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I assume this Muse is a pop band or something.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Northwind wrote:
    So anyway, in the interests of balance here's some proper Muse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9eIfsadAs
    This has restored the balance I needed. Thanks!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • EH_Rob
    Northwind wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

TBH they did that with United States of Eurasia... There can be ooooooonly one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ok0expLH1o (2:35)

I don't like it much... Just feels a bit Muse-by-numbers, and a bit too close to Take a Bow too- can't help but compare the two and think it's much worse. Though it does get its groove on pretty well by the end, the first 3 minutes is just dull.

On the other hand, it's not Will.i.am.

If anyone had the credentials to fill this role it was either Will.i.am or Dappy from NDubz innit.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I liked Jeremy Clarksons idea, just have a burning jaguar powersliding round the track with Jimmy Page hanging off the roof playing Zeppelin songs.

Now that I would pay to see.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Fully-sprung
    Fully-sprung Posts: 670
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmioFUywUtPMoK9zdDTeuzSQ8wNmlmzzH37aouALnPmtcJCK9Yvw
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    That does sound awesome, actually.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cooldad wrote:
    I assume this Muse is a pop band or something.
    Absolutely poptastic mate!