Why so angry?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
coming in this morning part of the Trans Pennine trail is my usual route in

riding in a pair, when someone is coming towards we normally pull to one side to let the other person go.

this morning we were travelling along when the guy who was coming towards us stayed in middle of the track so my mate moved to the right to let the fella go between us (in the middle) as soon as he got past us he went nuts with his rants, in fact i think i learnt a few new ones

why so angry so early in the morning?

Bloody cyclists
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Were you carrying a ladder between the two of you? :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Haha!

Due to mucho business keeping me on the road, today is the first time in almost two weeks that I've been in the office and so commuted on the bike.

Contrary to the weather forecast it lamped down. With lightning. It wated for me to get locked into the only traffic lights on my route (extended wait as schoolchildren used the green man button too) to come down in drops so large you could keep a goldfish in them.

Angry? Hell no! Grinning like I'd discovered Emma Watson naked in my sock drawer.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    SimonAH wrote:
    Angry? Hell no! Grinning like I'd discovered Emma Watson naked in my sock drawer.
    Misty, drizzle and 11 degrees for me this morning.

I did catch myself singing out loud at one point :oops:

So much better than sitting in the train. :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,963
    Which weather forecast was it contrary to, exactly?

The one with the map of the island shaped like a little doggie with all the rain warnings, or some other weather forecast of a dry place?
  • SimonAH
    Which weather forecast was it contrary to, exactly?

The one with the map of the island shaped like a little doggie with all the rain warnings, or some other weather forecast of a dry place?

Ah, the BBC one late last night on the web that said it would be dry here until lunchtime when it would rain for a bit before becoming dry this afternoon. That one.

I've pretty much given up on weather forecasts TBH - the current patterns seem so unstable and unpredictable that they are usesless more than a couple of hours ahead, and for that you may as well simply look out of the window in the morning. Unless you work in local governement, in which case don't look out of the window in the morning as you will have nothing to do in the afternoon.

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    SimonAH wrote:

That is one fecking massive sock drawer!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    weather forecast for here was biblical rain (flood warnings) it rainined for about 20mins at 8:00 an now its cracking the flags

weather forecast is hocus pocus
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Had some rage this morning, first with a MPV that overtook a bunch of cyclists before drawing level with me and indicating to turn left up Royal Hospital Road. And then going ahead with the turn. The 2nd was a cyclist who jumped the lights at Chelsea Bridge and didn't anticipate how quickly I was moving. Cue more swearing. I looked like a right MAMIL, especially as I was on the nice bike with the carbon wheels.

Calmed down after that. Its the sudden "heat wave" I tell you...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    My boss in an angry man, just had a quick call from a colleague saying to get an 'update' into him asap, as he is in a fowl mood with everyone. He was sending sh1tty emails at 1am this morning - I suspect he'd been on the ale.

Ride a bike and chill.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:

Getting a little concerned at why my wife would be in your sock drawer........ :shock:
  • SimonAH
    You're married to Hermione Granger? You lucky lucky b'stard!

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:

No, But I am married to Emma Watson......and she does some acting.....playing a worker from a fish factory in Hull for her next part.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    SimonAH wrote:
    Steady. Remember The Now Show about when the 3rd or 4th HP film came out? Steve Punt: this one'll draw the crowds, made up of a mix eager young faces keen to see how Harry is progressing with his wazardry, and an equal number of dads just checking on how Hermione's coming along.

:wink:
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    CiB wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    Steady. Remember The Now Show about when the 3rd or 4th HP film came out? Steve Punt: this one'll draw the crowds, made up of a mix eager young faces keen to see how Harry is progressing with his wazardry, and an equal number of dads just checking on how Hermione's coming along.

:wink:
    Having been forced to watch all of the HP films I still remember her as a kid and simply can't think of her any other way. HP himself will always be a boy in my mind.
    Ron's sister though :wink: