me at a local XC time trail

steve_muzzy
steve_muzzy Posts: 259
edited June 2012 in Your pics and vids
I like pics like this as I can totally critisice my technique!

Foot is in the wrong place, but it was jsut too wet/slippy for spds also I think the seat could be higher.. (feel free to chip in here...)

IMG_0848.jpg

Thank you to claire brunton for the photo

NB bike is a custom built stumpjumper, M4 frame with 2010 XT wheels, brakes and transmission, running Kenda nevegal stick e front and Maxiss Advanatage rear tyres -2011 reba race 100m shock and Race Face Deus bar, stem and seatpost

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I assume you mean your foot is on the wrong position on the pedal?

I'd say it's a bigger issue that your inside foot is down!

Saddle is a bit low for maximum pedal efficiency, but assume you're going downhill anyway?

Without being able to see what you're actually doing (are you pedalling?), and what's happening to the trail (is that a sharp LH corner just ahead?) there's not a vast amount we can comment on I'd say!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Get off the brakes.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Yeah to me it looks like you are applying the front brake while the bike is leaned over. So that's your first non no. second, it appears to be a broadly flat corner (maybe a small berm) but you are leaning with the bike - don't.
    I assume you are pedalling otherwise as someone already said your inside foot is down which equals weight in the wrong place. I'd get a little more forward over the bars to push the front end into the corner for grip.

Looks like Swinley to me so I wouldnt have my saddle dropped at all for xc timed racing there - no need.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.