My 2011 Cube Litening Custom Project

taimur
taimur Posts: 173
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
Here is my Cube Litening custom project. I had a CUBE AGREE SL (Alu frame with Ultegra comps). The frame is a 2011 CUBE Litening HPC SCR which comes equipped with DURA ACE DI2. Previous owner stripped it and sold with post bb and Di2 cabling.

I call it custom because i built it up with handlebar, saddle, stem, chainset, cassette, wheels from my old bike and shifters, cabling, FD and RD are from Ultegra 6770 DI2 upgrade kit that i bought later after figuring out that i had bought a lemon.

Any ways here it is after the complete install. Still needs to be adjusted, only got enough time to ride in the drive way after problematic 18 hour install effort.
https://plus.google.com/photos/112547339944171667690/albums/5758976100768337777

[EDIT] cant figure out how to setup embedded image :P
1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components

Comments

• carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    Nice very similar to mine although mine doesn't have any DI2 :(

I like mine you don't see many about, everything seems to have gone down the stealth look at the moment so I like our brighter paint work.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I too am an extremely happy Cube Litening owner - same frame as the OPs, but with Ultegra groupset & Fulcrum Racing3 wheels. Had mine since 2009 and I have NEVER seen another out on the road - do see some Agrees, Peletons etc on sportives, but the Litening is a rare bird indeed, and a fantastic machine to ride. I also have a 2009 Cube Aerial which, for less than £600, has proved the bargain of the century.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • taimur
    carbon337 wrote:
    Nice very similar to mine although mine doesn't have any DI2 :(

I like mine you don't see many about, everything seems to have gone down the stealth look at the moment so I like our brighter paint work.

The DI2 was never a part of the plan :(

I bought the frame at a bargain after being told that it is guaranteed to support my existing Ultegra 6700. So i was like great i will upgrade to carbon stem handlebar and some nicer wheels.

Later discovered not only was the frame DI2 specific it was also DURA ACE DI2 specific! with sealed bottom bracket housing! (Ultegra di2 requires open or hollow BB housing).

cant wait to ride it.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Love your bike. I think the White/Red/Blue paint job on the Litening really sets it apart from other bikes.
    How did you manage to buy the frameset only? I have a Peleton at moment and really like the idea of a Litening custom build but was told that I had to buy the complete bike.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Nice job.
    What size frame is it ?
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • taimur
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Love your bike. I think the White/Red/Blue paint job on the Litening really sets it apart from other bikes.
    How did you manage to buy the frameset only? I have a peloton at moment and really like the idea of a Litening custom build but was told that I had to buy the complete bike.

Cube doesnt sell frame only, i tried!

I bought the frame slightly used, previous owner's estimate of 150 miles on it. Cube sizing is a bit diferent from the regular brand sizing. Previous owner bought it and realized it afterwards just as i did with my frame. So he stripped for parts and seems like replaced the frame with s-works frame.

I have done the same with my Cube Agree SL 2010 frame size 56. which will hit the classifieds/ebay soon.
    Galatzo wrote:
    Nice job.
    What size frame is it ?

Thanks!
    its size 53