Ribble New Sportive frame v Gran Fondo Frame

fortyone
fortyone Posts: 166
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had experience of a Ribble New Sportive frame? I know of 2 who have bought the medium Gran Fondo from them, and it seems to fit well for their height. Thing is, the medium Gran Fondo seems to have the main geometry very similar to that of the small New Sportive, and the latter is supposed to fit those between 5 feet 4" to 5 feet 6", whereas the medium Gran Fondo is meant to fit between 5 feet 7" to 5 feet 9". Thank you.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Ring them up. They'll tell you straight away.

The Gran Fondo is a little shorter than the New Sportive IRRC so you need to compare head tube height as well as top tube length.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    If it helps, my new sportive is a medium and I'm 5ft 9 or 10 with a 32 inside leg, the bike fits very nicely, very comfortable(which is more than the standard saddles they fit). I can comfortbly stay on the drops far longer than I ever used to.
    Having compared stats on their geometry chart I came up with a medium. Just to confirm my conclusion I rang Ribble with my height and they recommended a medium too.
  • fortyone
    fortyone Posts: 166
    Many thanks - my brother is about 5 feet 7 so I think a small New Sportive frame would be best and agree that the head tube height and top tube is very important.