Couple of headcam vids from morzine

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited July 2012 in Your pics and vids
Got a couple of vids from my Morzine holiday. Here for a couple more days, so I'll put together a proper edit when I get home. I injured my hand earlier in the holiday, so I was taking it pretty easy.

Anyway, Chavannes with a Canyon detour

And Jump park blue.
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Nice, canyon is one of the best trails i've ever ridden, so much character. What was going on on chav-ness? Someone have a big stack?
  • ilovedirt
    yep, there was an air ambulance and everything.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Sweet!

If you don't mind my asking, who did you go with and how long for/how much?

We're looking to go next year but there are so many options!
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Get a self catered apartment off morinelets and drive out for 2 weeks! Bestest way to do it!
  • ilovedirt
    We stayed with riders retreat in one of their bigger chalets with a group of 8, can't remember how much it cost, but prices etc are here. Went for two weeks and they were really good, and cheap too. Highly reccommended.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I like the Canyon but they seem to have extended the north shore style stuff a lot in there - I love the gully line - so good for full speed get it wrong and big stack fun!

For staying in Morzine or Les Gets - we always used to pick a place up through the local tourist office website - we did 3 trips using them and it got a little more each time but our first place we paid 20 quid each for the apartment and it was central morzine, not the most amazing place but it had evening sun on the balcony, easy access tot he supermarket and a 1 min ride to the Plenney or Super Morzine.

The best place we stayed was a couple of minutes further out, great deck, well equipped comfy, bike store, bike wash and no immediate neighbours and I think we paid 30 quid each, had a hire car from the airport and only I had a bike with me so easy.

I personally dont want to stay in these catered chalets not my scene and the extra cost doesnt equate to a better holiday in my humble.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • ilovedirt
    Riders retreat wasn't catered. Was a bit pricier than your place, but we got a huge garage with tools, workstands etc, a really nice chalet with dishwasher etc. Just makes life that bit easier. Was smack bang in the middle of morzine as well.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5