Thieves!

Curious Yellow
Curious Yellow Posts: 281
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Bit of a vent. Forgive me.

I cycle to work everyday. Work are kind enough to provide a drying room and showers. I keep a pair of shoes, a few pairs of trousers and 5 washed and pressed shirts in the drying room so I don't have to bother carrying clothes to work or packing my backpack daily. It's a godsend most of the time.

Unfortunately some wanker has decided to steal a pair of my trousers.

Who on earth steals a pair of used trousers?

Sadly, this isn't the first item I've had stolen. Over the last year I have had stolen a pair of MTB socks, a pair of Skins compression tights and a leather belt. I've now learnt a lesson and keep the smaller items in a gym bag by my desk.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing increased theft in their workplace of items like these? I hope I am in the minority!

Comments

• navt
    navt Posts: 374
    She likes you?
  • She could just buy me a drink!
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    trousers.

socks, a pair of Skins compression tights and a leather belt

You're looking for a gimp! :lol:
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I had someone steel a air of diadora cycling shoes from my works cloak room. they were old tatty and quite worn. Never understood this. they were lime green so I always hoped I'd see the bastid ride in with them on. It never happened though :(
  • The thing is I doubt there's any resale value in what they steal, so they must be stealing it for personal use or just for the kicks.

Either way, they're utter arseholes. How did you manage to get home with no shoes?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    maybe they are building a shrine to you at home?

they will be after a cutting of your hair soon....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    You're looking for a gusset sniffer with a smack habit.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    SimonAH wrote:
    You're looking for a gusset sniffer ...

Hey! thats not fair. I never touched his trousers!
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Did you check the bin?
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I used to keep a suit at work and someone stole just the jacket, I could understand if someone stole my suit but just the jacket????.....WTF!!!!.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Was it a fancy jacket?

Perhaps the trousers were the wrong size for them!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Possibly the same barsteward who stole my pyjamas over the weekend.

the 2 quid pjs next to the 80 quid snugpak sleeping bag and what do they pinch...the primark pjys!
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I used to keep a suit at work and someone stole just the jacket, I could understand if someone stole my suit but just the jacket????.....WTF!!!!.
    I ordered a suit from somewhere online once, Next or Burtons, that kind of place. The package arrived and only had the jacket in, along with an automated note saying something along the lines of "We had no stock of the trousers and won't be getting any more in, ever, so we've refunded the cost of them and just sent the jacket". :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."