Saddle Bag Advice

rhamilton05
rhamilton05 Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Road buying advice
I am looking to get a new saddle bag and am looking for one that does not attach to my seat post but is bug enough to fit a tube, tools etc... any suggestions would be great! :D

Comments

• calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    Although a little pricey, you can't beat Rapha's seat pack, for functionality and general great looks! http://www.rapha.cc/seat-pack/
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Lezyne Micro Caddy Medium Saddle Bag

lezyne-microcaddy-med.jpg?w=350&h=350&a=7
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    These saddlebags will serve you well.
  • winton
    winton Posts: 165
    Check out the range from SciCon. They have loads of different ones and I found that they are less prone to getting holes through rubbing than my old Lezyne.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    These : http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-propack-micro-saddle-bag/

They're brilliant. I've got the micro, as per the link (they do a couple of bigger versions). I can fit in a couple of tubes, Park multi tool, tyre levers, patch kit and a few other bits & bobs. phone would probably fit too, but I put that in my jersey pocket.

It doesn't bounce, rattle and the quick release works really well, but the thing that I like about it is that it doesn't have a strap for the seat post, so it doesn't scratch the shiney carbon :D

topeak-tc2602b-med.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    Flasher wrote:
    Lezyne Micro Caddy Medium Saddle Bag

lezyne-microcaddy-med.jpg?w=350&h=350&a=7

+1. Perfect saddle bag. Mine holds a spare tube, co2 canister and pump and tyre levers with room to spare. It also has a separate pocket for a multi tool - keeping any sharp edges away from the tube. Its a very well though out bag indeed.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Lezyne Micro Caddy Small is awesome. Holds a tube, patch kit, tire levers and a multi tool. Really small and really secure. Doesnt rattle about at all.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have a Top Peak Wedge Small, it's a bit tighter than my Fizik Bag, but looks nicer.

I manage to get in 1 Inner Tube, I Top Peak Multi Tool, 3 Tyre Levers, 2 CO2 Cannisters, I CO2 Nozzle, and a couple of odds and ends like spare chain quick links, couple of pairs of rubbers gloves, some Inner tube patches and glue, I used to be able to get an additional C02 in my fizik, so will just carry that in my jersey.

I have another Top Peak Wedge Small set up for when I ride Tubs and that has everything I need in plus a spare tub folded and strapped to the outside so I can switch it between bikes.

I'm going to stop using the seatpost strap as I have seen too many posts worn from the rubbing, I can't see any problem with doing that as the clip is very secure anyway.
  • Wazza1878
    Wazza1878 Posts: 59
    +1 for the topeak products, got a sidekick aero and it's great. Also got an adjustable bottle cage cage from topeak, also very good.
    Wazza
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    +1 for the lezyne pack - mine has two tubes levers and Allen keys in - as secure as anything. Very happy with it.