Cry Babies At Radioshack

2»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I'm lucky enough to be able to get the Tour of Austria on tv.
    Nice to see Jakob Fuglsang owning the race.
    Took off on the Grossglockner, never to be seen again.
    An epic stage, too, with all out action from gun to tape.
    Finished ahead of all his main rivals on yesterday's wall of a finish, too.

Great all round form.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Here's your boy Horner...

tumblr_m6p4scWKf01qacyk6o1_500.jpg

Geez he should get a room... dont be doing that in public :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • cycling5280
    cycling5280 Posts: 279

Great all round form.

Still not the Tour. No one cares.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Great all round form.

Bruyneel seemed to when he congratulated him
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cycling5280
    iainf72 wrote:

Great all round form.

Bruyneel seemed to when he congratulated him

No one cares what Bruyneel says and he's not at the Tour.
  • iainf72

As it was the Hog who kept JF out of the Tour, I'd assume you'd care.

but yeah,Popo and Horner are delivering the goods so far
  • cycling5280
    iainf72 wrote:

As it was the Hog who kept JF out of the Tour, I'd assume you'd care.

but yeah,Popo and Horner are delivering the goods so far

Now that Frank has no chance at the GC lets hope Horner, Monfort and Zubeldia can play their own cards for stage wins. Klodi is not going to win the Tour and no one cares if he can take 4th-10th.
  • iainf72
    RSNT are an actual living breathing joke, aren't they?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kloden- ... -offensive
  • cycling5280
    iainf72 wrote:
    RSNT are an actual living breathing joke, aren't they?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kloden- ... -offensive

I wonder what Klodi is going to tweet today?

"My legs were great today before the stage on the trainer...just not during the race. RSNT press is bullshit."
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Cash flow issues, unhappy riders – I wouldn't be surprised if the team doesn't last out the season.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Cash flow issues, unhappy riders – I wouldn't be surprised if the team doesn't last out the season.

Ooh double negative. I claim my right to flog you with a dead fish 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Only if I can keep the skins for next door's cat.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "I do want to address the fact that Jakob will not ride any more UCI WorldTour races. Let me say this - It's nothing personal against Jakob. It's a decision based on how the UCI has structured the points system. No team is going to invest in a rider (have them gain points) and then have that rider take those points to another team. And if we put a rider who is going to go to another team in a World Tour race, the other riders on the current team also miss out on the opportunity to earn points - so in a sense it's a double punishment against the teams," said Bruyneel on his personal site.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    "I do want to address the fact that Jakob will not ride any more UCI WorldTour races. Let me say this - It's nothing personal against Jakob. It's a decision based on how the UCI has structured the points system. No team is going to invest in a rider (have them gain points) and then have that rider take those points to another team. And if we put a rider who is going to go to another team in a World Tour race, the other riders on the current team also miss out on the opportunity to earn points - so in a sense it's a double punishment against the teams," said Bruyneel on his personal site.

Nicely worded, I wonder what his employment status is and where his employment is based? Jakob not the hog
  • The problem is that this team was created under the wrong pretenses. It's been mismanaged and they have seem to be a rudderless ship. Minus Cancellara the TDF team is a bunch of super domestiques.

Kloden is done.
    Zubeldia is a super domestique
    Monfort has never been pushed as a GC rider even though he's their best GC rider
    Frank Schleck clearly is his brother's personal valet and clearly doesn't have the psychological make up to be a GC contender or even a Polka Dot Jersey winner (not to mention an utter lack of timetrialing ability)

Horner is an overthehill super domestique

This team needs to be blown up.

Cancellara in all honesty should join Sky.
    Zubeldia needs to go to his Orange brethern at EE
    Monfort should go to Lotto Belisol (Lotto needs to get all of the Belgians together)
    Schleck needs to go play with Andy and their dolls
    Horner can't retire soon enough
    Kloden needs to retire as well.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    ^well put....unfortunatly
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551

Wait, I was told in another thread that the current system is good and that the pints system doesn't cause things like this to happen. That's at least to in the last two years...off the top of my head.
  • cycling5280
    The problem is that this team was created under the wrong pretenses. It's been mismanaged and they have seem to be a rudderless ship. Minus Cancellara the TDF team is a bunch of super domestiques.

Kloden is done.
    Zubeldia is a super domestique
    Monfort has never been pushed as a GC rider even though he's their best GC rider
    Frank Schleck clearly is his brother's personal valet and clearly doesn't have the psychological make up to be a GC contender or even a Polka Dot Jersey winner (not to mention an utter lack of timetrialing ability)

Horner is an overthehill super domestique

This team needs to be blown up.

Cancellara in all honesty should join Sky.
    Zubeldia needs to go to his Orange brethern at EE
    Monfort should go to Lotto Belisol (Lotto needs to get all of the Belgians together)
    Schleck needs to go play with Andy and their dolls
    Horner can't retire soon enough
    Kloden needs to retire as well.

I think it's clear Cancellara doesn't need a team for the classics
    Frank announced he will suck before the Tour...who does that? He sucks and so does Andy.
    Klodi's legs as he tweeted are always good just not the last 4km of every stage...okay???
    Horner is overthehill but it doesn't matter when you're waiting for your GC guys to play catch up on the climbs.
    Monfort should enjoy it while it last and keep dreaming of the podium.
    Zubeldia should enjoy it while it last and keep dreaming of the podium.
    Tony is doing his job.
    Jakob is making his rounds to other teams telling them, "Hey I have x-amount of UCI points and not getting a single point more...want to hire me?"
    Andy is probably creating a duo Facebook page for him and Frank
    Bruyneel is in Texas with Lance
    and poor old Voigt is just killing it everyday like it's his last.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I can't understand why anyone would give the Schlecks money to start yet another new team. If I had that sort of money :wink: I certainly wouldn't. Would you?
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • Ms Tree wrote:
    I can't understand why anyone would give the Schlecks money to start yet another new team. If I had that sort of money :wink: I certainly wouldn't. Would you?

I think Andy is quality, but his brother has been a complete wanker and frankly his attitude is ridiculous, unless he's sandbagging for a massive attack. However, given his form I don't see that being the case.

Andy needs to get away from his brother. He needs to spend absurd amounts of time honing his TT and he needs a team where he can just ride and he can get super domestiques to burn down the field.

If Radioshack is going to survive they need to toss out the old dodgers and get their new guys up and make a move for the future and start thinking long term. Their TDF team is stale, even Cancellara isn't the direction they need to be going.

You can see the future and outside of Sky it's been the Tour for the new generation. Sagan, Pinot, Van Garderen, Taaramae are the talent for the next generation and they are already leaving their mark.

Radioshack needs to be pushing the young horses in their stable and not 35+ guys who are on their last hurrah.

Sky has it down pat. They've got a main GC contender, with a future GC guy waiting in the wings, one of the greatest sprinters of all time, another top flight GC guy playing domestique in port, and a young all around talent in Boasson Hagen.

Radoishack needs move on and develop talent.