Le Petit Grand Prix Lincoln

Hi all

Just to let you know I'm running a second Lincoln Grand Prix sportive event on September 8th to help publicize the area of the Lincolnshire Wolds and to encourage riders to give the main Grand Prix event a go next May.

http://www.itpevents.co.uk/events/le-petit-grand-prix.html

This event is on a different route to the May sportive, even taking in a trip to the sea side. There is also no Michaelgate climb as I wanted to keep that for the main event. It does take the same route out of Lincoln as that is simply the best way to get out of the city and avoid main A roads.

The routes are provisionally 100, 70 and 40 miles, with the 40 mile route being flat to encourage new or very occasional riders.

Best Regards

Ian

Comments

• Entries for this event close Thursday 6th of September at 23:59.

It is largely on different roads than the Lincoln GP in May (once out of Lincoln) and is generally less hilly. The long route is 10 miles further though. It does not finish at the top of Michaelgate.

Get a taste of the area and think about riding the Grand Prix in May, with a tougher route and a cobbled finish.

Cheers

Ian
  • Hi Ian,

Will entries on the day be possible? Alternatively, is it possible to enter a for a longer route, but decide to do a shorter one on the day?!

Chris.
  • Hi Chris

Yes, we will take entries on the day. the long route riders will scan their timing chips at Skendleby feed, as only the long riders go there, so if you cut to the 83 and therefore don;t scan, you will be given the 83 route automatically.

Cheers

Ian
  • Hi Ian, thanks for the reply.

I've gone for the 80-something miler and entered up front.
    My first Sportive, so looking forward to it - Weather is looking very kind, too!!

Chris.