Going Electronic

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
I have the chance of a frame I've been lusting after for a while. The price is very tempting too. Only thing is that the one for sale is a Di2/Ui2 specific frameset. I had never considered electronic shifting but am now looking at it.

The bike is a project to be ready for next spring. With the launch of 11 speed electronic systems do you think the price of 10 speed Ui2 systems will come down in price next year?

Comments

• FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    I'm sure it'll come down.....eventually, but i dont think anything dramatic will change for a couple of years at least. If you hold off until next year, you may save, but i dont think the discount will warrant the wait to be honest.

Now that it's appearing on more specs, you're more likely to find some deals from grey market sources - Chain Reaction often have grey market shimano on offer so check there.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Thanks , appreciate the input
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    FunBus wrote:
    I'm sure it'll come down.....eventually, but i dont think anything dramatic will change for a couple of years at least. If you hold off until next year, you may save, but i dont think the discount will warrant the wait to be honest.

The discount won't warrant the wait but I reckon the groupset might. The improvements are likely to be worthwhile year on year for a bit - eg the less ugly mechs, smaller batteries etc.
    Faster than a tent.......