Saddle position

fludey
fludey Posts: 384
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Need some help not sure if it's a saddle height thing or something else.
My saddle has been at the same height for some time, but due to discomfort on a long ride I have tilted my saddle nose down approx 3deg...comfort sorted :?
But now I find when my cad hits about 95 I start to bounce a little, and at full extension (only on my left leg) my leg feels a bit out of control on the downstroke and speeds up.

Are these signs that saddle is possibly a little high or is it something else :?:
Felt AR4
Planet X Pro Carbon 105
MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!

Comments

• rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    I think so... The fact that the nose down helped probably means that you were sitting on the nose of it a bit and the tilt lowered you a bit, that or your saddle may need to be moved back a bit.

The 'bounce' or wabble is often a sign of a saddle that is too high, try dropping it by 5mm and try it for a week.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    I did tend to end up on the nose, it is already quite a way back on the rails to get a good balance rather than using KOPS method.

I will drop it a few mm and give it a go...just strange only effecting left leg, do have a shim under right foot cleat to give slight angle but only about 1mm thick on wide side so didn't think that would be cause....can you get flat shims for spd sl?
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    If you lowered the nose then the rear of the saddle will obviously have raised a couple of mm or so. Try just lowering your saddle 2mm, see if that sorts it.