Avoid jeans.

What about red ones?

what about burning them
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Jez mon wrote:
    Avoid jeans.

What about red ones?

or wear them in a field with a bull in it... :)
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    edited June 2012
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Avoid jeans.

What about red ones?

what about burning them

:cry: and I was just off to Topman to get a pair.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I wonder if there's a north south jean divide.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    New balance trainers
    Carhartt cords
    Plain T shirt
    Zip-neck jersey
    Expensive watch
    Cowboy hat
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    General N/S divide? I'm told there's one for the ladies - Northern girls try much harder & southern girls would hate to be seen to be trying - does it follow for the chaps?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Good stuff there-we need a definitive style guide by age/location.I think my point was that unlike women,we cant mix and match high and low fashion-I cant go in Topman without the sound of hollow laughter following me round.The other sex are quite happy to mix Zara with Max Mara,Topshop with Stella McCartney,whatever they are.
    I`m not convinced that branding helps here either-jeans are still jeans label or not,no one my age is going to be impressed that I have more money than sense (18-24s are you listening).
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • RideOnTime
    New balance trainers
    Carhartt cords
    Plain T shirt
    Zip-neck jersey
    Expensive watch
    Cowboy hat

as I say this discussion is so gay...
  • Avoid jeans.

I'm not sure the world is ready for my bare legs in boxers.
  • RideOnTime
    nevman wrote:
    The other sex are quite happy to mix Zara with Max Mara,Topshop with Stella McCartney,whatever they are

You're just making this up. Zara with Max 'a frig'ing' Mara. Stella McCartney I thought she sold sausages or was that Linda. M&S, BHS, W H Smith WTF.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm 41 and wear jeans, Diesel or Tommy Hilfiger usually. I wear Superdry, Calvin klein, Diesel (good fitted T shirts), linea, Paul Smith and occasional D&G.
    Go for classic lines, white fitted shirts with jeans and a fitted jacket (linea, Paul Smith). I wear dessie boots, birkenstocks, wallabees and in the winter usually meindl or scarpa boots. berghaus and quiksilver jackets/fleeces in winter also Fatface or Northface Gilets.

Just be careful, as I am fortunate to be cycling therefore (try) to control weight and so do not have a spread (yet). Stay away from those dropped arse jeans or just being uber trendy, massive fail when older.

Rick, you can wear jeans at any age, you just aint old enough to realise this yet :wink:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Chinos..... jeez Rick, you're heading full speed into middle aged mediocrity !! There's nothing particularly bad about chinos, but there's nothing outstanding about them. They're just a bit bland.

I only wear them for work when it's too hot for a suit.

Nothing wrong with jeans, as long as you don't wear them with black shoes and a smart shirt. (Sorry if anyone does, but you probably look a bit of a tool :wink: )
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    Just be careful, as I am fortunate to be cycling therefore (try) to control weight and so do not have a spread (yet).

Massive issue. The morbidly obese & genuinely hideous would appear badly/inappropriately dressed after a million dollar make-over but if you're Hollywood beautiful you can don a fertiliser bag and people just assume you're ahead of the curve. So it goes through the attractiveness hierarchy.

This is a factor which has an interplay with age, namely more attractive people can dabble in fashions that would otherwise be considered too young/edgy for them.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    God i hate those sh@t your pants trousers the kids are wearing. I'm glad i'm an old bastard when i see that saggy arsed bullsh@t :evil:

Nothing wrong with jeans and trainers. Stuff your fashion.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Jez mon
    OK, so red jeans are a no go. Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these, modelled by Christian Vande Velde

mjohnson_20111117_1325_1_600.jpg
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Pair of Ian Poulters cast-offs-what a dude.

ps. :) has he been headhunting(that bloke on the cabinet)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • MattC59
    1167.jpg
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these,

TheClownShop.com
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    This is by far and away the most tragic thread ever on this forum (even worse than any started by OMAHB). I simply do not know where to begin, or if I should be laughing or crying.
  • RideOnTime
    Jez mon wrote:
    OK, so red jeans are a no go. Does anyone know where I can get a pair of these, modelled by Christian Vande Velde

mjohnson_20111117_1325_1_600.jpg

In the kitchens at any Wetherspoons of your choosing. :D
  • RideOnTime
    MattC59 wrote:
    1167.jpg

smart.
  • Starwasp
    Starwasp Posts: 59
    Just grow old with dignity, for crissakes!
  • MattC59
    RideOnTime wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    1167.jpg

smart.

It's the way forward !
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    jim453 wrote:
    This is by far and away the most tragic thread ever on this forum (even worse than any started by OMAHB). I simply do not know where to begin, or if I should be laughing or crying.

I agree. Its unbelievable!!!!!

How anyone can make a list of what someone should wear is mad, not knowing what anyone else looks like, is built like, their personality etc etc... in fact, stuff all that, its not even worth explaining, its just mental.

You could give the same list of clothes to one person and they might look alright, the next person would look like a total bellend.

What this thread should have been called is "this is what I wear and I know that this is also what everyone else should wear to look cool, and I'm convinced of this enough to post it, because I am for want of a better phrase - mental"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mens fashion is such a hot topic right now, I'm so close to posting pics of myself in variuos outfits for various activities.

If you are despairing at this thread then you must be a scruffy oik, who looks like a bag-o-shite.

Look good=feel good. :wink:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited June 2012
    If you are despairing at this thread then you must be a scruffy oik, who looks like a bag-o-shite.

...or someone who thinks its impossible to tell complete strangers what they might look good in based solely on your own choice of wardrobe ...naa, can't be that, not for one second :) (could be both though of course)
  • Jez mon
    Mens fashion is such a hot topic right now, I'm so close to posting pics of myself in variuos outfits for various activities.

Look good=feel good. :wink:

My new look for summer

547610_4061263575676_958821028_n.jpg
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    How did you find a pic of Rick? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • RideOnTime
    MattC59 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    1167.jpg

smart.

It's the way forward !

Its just slightly worrying why you have this picture.

a) you're on the way to church this gentlemen crosses your path so you take a picture of him.
    b) you stumbled across while researching tweed.
    c) it's your dad.
    d) brother.
    e) you.
    :D:):D