6962950326_4922d16208_b.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    That last photo is cheesy as ****.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Well, at least advertising a Punto is a few steps up from whoring Bioflow magnetic wristbands.
    Speaking after celebrating another Team Pursuit World Championship Gold medal, Thomas, commented: “I‟m delighted to be teaming up with Bioflow and joining their stable of elite athletes. I wore my Bioflow Sport wristband for the first time when I was out in Melbourne and we broke the World record and won gold! I‟m looking forward to enjoying more success with them as well as the long-term benefits Bioflow‟s magnotherapy technology has to offer.”
    http://www.bioflowsport.com/team/wp-con ... Thomas.pdf
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    edited June 2012
    At least he's moved on from pimping magic wristbands on his Twitter account.

^ beaten to it.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Dignity is a small price to pay for getting to ride your bike all day and travel the world.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    tbelieveallthe.png

He also promotes Welsh Meat:

beef_Geraint_and_Elwen_Welsh_Meat.JPG
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    RichN95 wrote:
    tbelieveallthe.png

Ha Ha, that's funny.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    RichN95 wrote:
    tbelieveallthe.png

The fact that he drives a BMW M3 makes him look like a bigger prick than if he did drive a Punto! :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Dignity is a small price to pay for getting to ride your bike all day and travel the world.

1. You get paid a salary which you can get by on comfortably.

2. Never compromise your dignity.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers

1. You get paid a salary which you can get by on comfortably.

2. Never compromise your dignity.

Where do you draw the line on dignity, pretty much all sportsmen star in cheesy ads for something or other (remember Contador in a dodgy suit pedalling shoes)? They have a limited time in the spotlight, when advertisers will pay them big money so I can understand why they want to maximise this. If somebody offered me £50k or whatever to say I like Fiat's then i'd do it in a shot. When I was 18 i'd have said that i'd never sell my soul to the man, then I grew up, got a mortgage and a child to pay for!
  • frenchfighter
    I have no problem with them doing ads per se even if I would be selective myself if I was in that position.

I also have no problem with Fiats.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    Sports people have limited time to cash in on their celebrity.

Furthermore, I'd say there are maybe 4 other UK cyclists who would even be asked to front a campaign that wasn't specifically for cycling stuff.

I'm all for it, and I like puntos anyway.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    As well as cashing in, its a good way to raise his profile beyond being "another cycling bloke that isn't Cavendish, Wiggins or Hoy".
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    This kind of advertising usually doesn't bother me at all, I just don't care

However

The magnet wrist band thing . . . . dear oh dear Geraint
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I see Brad has removed that comment from Twitter. I suppose Geraint was on the telephone 'Oy! You're cost me money you cnut!' ;)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    I have no problem with them doing ads per se even if I would be selective myself if I was in that position.

I also have no problem with Fiats.

I suspect GT would be more selective if he could afford to be. There's not much money in cycling in the UK.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    I see Brad has removed that comment from Twitter. I suppose Geraint was on the telephone 'Oy! You're cost me money you cnut!' ;)
    Whoops! My fault. Sorry.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Does Hoy really eat Kelloggs Bran Flakes ?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Wasn't the FIAT thing a tie up with BC? maybe Geraint was nominated by BC to do it and had no choice.....unlike the voodoo doll, I mean wristband.

I loved my Punto when i had one btw...
  • frenchfighter
    That would make sense. The photos are from British Cycling flickr.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    As long as he's not becoming the spokesman for Assad or Mugabe, who cares what he fronts up. Good luck to him; I'd be milking anything I could.

And anyway, how many people genuinely think "aha a bike rider is standing in front of a Punto, I must have one"?
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    And anyway, how many people genuinely think "aha a bike rider is standing in front of a Punto, I must have one"?

I did and I have

Actually that's a lie. Don't know why I said that
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    FIAT = Fix It Again, Tony
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS