Verderers Trail FOD

bigman1976
bigman1976 Posts: 29
edited June 2012 in MTB beginners
Being a born-again mountain biker (used to ride a lot when I was a teenager - now mid 30s) I have recently purchased a new Specialized Rockhopper with Rockshox Recount Silvers.

To christen my new mount, I went to the Forest of Dean and found the Verderers trail which I have to say was hard work (are the hills really that much steeper!?) but great fun. The downhill stretch at the end was awesome and a fantastic way to finish the ride.

The bike itself performed admirably. Not sure the tyres are the best (Specialized The Captain Sports) but the rest is good. The brakes are a complete revelation. My last bike - 1996 GT Pantera - had cantilevers! Did have one hairy moment when one of the grips tried to make a brake from the handlebars but apart from that, the burning in my lungs and legs, the saddle-soreness, the mud in my teeth and other assorted aches, it was fantastic. Don't know why I stopped riding.

Apologies to anyone else on here who I held up when wheezing slowly up any of the inclines!