My Giant TCR Advanced 2

nellie72
nellie72 Posts: 49
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
My first carbon bike

Ex demo model. Got it yesterday for £700 below RRP (plus a free pair of Ultegra pedals). Only two very minor cosmetic blemishes, one on the handle bar and one below the seat post clamp.

I have a pair of Shimano RS80's that I will probably stick on it, but wanted to give the standard wheels a chance first.

p1010104ps.jpg
Canyon Endurace CF SL 9.0 Ultegra di2
Reilly Gradient GRX600
Dawes Super Galaxy

Comments

• c40nl12
    c40nl12 Posts: 40
    Nice bike, I bought the Advanced frame and fork only recently. It rides well and looks fantastic.You could do with ditching the "luggage" it spoils the look of the bike.
  • nellie72
    nellie72 Posts: 49
    c40nl12 wrote:
    Nice bike, I bought the Advanced frame and fork only recently. It rides well and looks fantastic.You could do with ditching the "luggage" it spoils the look of the bike.

:lol: succinctly put.

Yes, I would like to ditch the bag but do feel the need to carry a spare tub, tools etc (even though I have never had a road puncture yet!)

But thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to taking it for its first spin tonight...
    Canyon Endurace CF SL 9.0 Ultegra di2
    Reilly Gradient GRX600
    Dawes Super Galaxy
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    c40nl12 wrote:
    You could do with ditching the "luggage" it spoils the look of the bike.

And if he does this, where is he supposed to put his spare tubes, CO2 inflater, tyre levers, mobile and cash?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Beautiful bike. I really like the colourway.

Keep the bag, all sensible cyclists use one ;)
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Looks good! Even better for the price!!

Got the same bike, and i love it. Done 1300mi on it and it's LOOVELY! (apart from currently being broken due to a mid-race incident!) Can't wait to be back on it, my winter bike feels rubbish compared to the tcr!

mine is here --> viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12848781

The standard wheels are great, got them on my winter bike and they're nice and stiff, and fairly light.