What's Annoying You Today?

2»

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Hearing a colleague at work talk about the sports day at his sons primary school, they don't have winners and losers in case someone gets offended or upset because they don't win. I thought stories like that were the imagination of some of the tabloids but he assured me it was true.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    bompington wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    adservers locking BR up !!! :evil:

+1 to this, thought it was just my pc that kept freezing.
    +1
    You know you can sort that out, just remember that

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them**

I don't give a monkey's about ads, as long as they don't lock up the site. When that happens they don't pay for anything as they prevent me from visiting the site.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Been planning a nice ride this lunchtime... rushed home... ate 2 bananas and a fairy cake (don't ask) then realised all my cycling kit is still wet from the wash as it's been so bloody cold in the house this week.

Bah!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Hearing a colleague at work talk about the sports day at his sons primary school, they don't have winners and losers in case someone gets offended or upset because they don't win. I thought stories like that were the imagination of some of the tabloids but he assured me it was true.
    Blimey, that's depessing. I thought it bad enough that my kids' school gave them all stickers. 1st, 2nd and 3rd you'd expect, but all the rest got one that said "I took part".
    They asked my daughter to do an inter-school swimming gala and she was quite nervous. I tried to reassure her and told her she must be good or they wouldn't have picked her. She told me they picked the names out of a hat. Strange they only got strong swimmers, I guess the hat only had 4 names in it. Why can't they just tell them they were picked for being the best? It would have boosted her confidence no end.
  • Secteur
    Today: the fact that yesterday morning I had toothpaste marks on my lips, and despite seeing three close colleagues none of them told me.

Bah!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Secteur wrote:
    Today: the fact that yesterday morning I had toothpaste marks on my lips, and despite seeing three close colleagues none of them told me.

Bah!

Maybe they thought it wasn't toothpaste and didn't like to say.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Secteur wrote:

Bah!

Life really is as tough as they say in the UK, my condolences :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    first world problems... i got 99 of them.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Watching the Tour with the cameras constantly panning to buildings, and the commentators giving us the history. I know some love that, it bores me stupid (er).
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    1. Able-bodied people who walk slowly or dawdle.
    2. People who, apparently, tolerate 1. Elbow the f*ckers out of the way and smash the iphone on the floor! For fuxake, I'm trying to get home in time to ride my bike!

EDIT:

3. the BR swear filter.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Secteur
    The rain
  • Trying to decide whether to use strada or daily mile to log my cycling activity. Daily miles free but basis - do I *need* to pay for the strada premium service and get all the bells and whistles?
  • MaxwellBygraves
    MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
    More rain.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • team47b
    the weather :D
  • team47b
    ...not here, the UK weather is even annoying me, I cannot remember, that much rain in summer before, you're all gonna rust away, still probably get a drought soon.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    team47b wrote:
    ...not here, the UK weather is even annoying me, I cannot remember, that much rain in summer before, you're all gonna rust away, still probably get a drought soon.
    I feel sorry for all the owners of carbon bikes,when they melt away below them :lol:
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    "hows that mark cavendish getting on then? is he going to win?"

Feck@rseb@llbag

stop trying to join in- its like your mum coming into your room when your 14 and you're listening to this-
    http://youtu.be/Q4ozbEHgphw
    and she says "ooh this has got a good beat.." :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Trying to decide whether to use strada or daily mile to log my cycling activity. Daily miles free but basis - do I *need* to pay for the strada premium service and get all the bells and whistles?

I'd wait until you knew what the application was even called before going premium.
  • esdavey
    esdavey Posts: 19
    BB30 creaking again just before I set off to (attempt) to climb Mnt Ventoux
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Some stooopid fecking delivery company that have screwed up 3 times thus far.

I NEED a 3rd freezer.

Love n gentle hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:

I NEED a 3rd freezer.

Love n gentle hugs

DD

You don't have a OMAHB shaped body to hide do you ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

I NEED a 3rd freezer.

Love n gentle hugs

DD

You don't have a OMAHB shaped body to hide do you ?

Not yet, he is alive and well and still has much to do in the garden, well, I think he does! Still no sodding freezer though and this has been on order for around about 3 weeks now, :evil:

Love n freezerless hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I've gotten over it now, but at the time it really p1ssed me off.

While viewing the tour live just as the peloton got to the top of the final climb I lost all channels with the exception of BBC1,2 ITV1,C4 &C5. :evil: By the time Virgin had done f*ckin' about and restored my absent channels I'd missed all the cafuffle. I had to catch it on the highlights.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.