Go Pro 2 vs proper camera.

brindlescoops
brindlescoops Posts: 465
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
is it me, or are Go Pro 2s mega over priced? Why would this not be a better option?

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/84339/show.html

Or is it me?
My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.

Comments

• oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    By the looks of it, this camera does not have all the different mounting capabilities that the GoPro has. I have a GoPro Hero 2 and it is superb. I use the chest and handlebar mounts mainly, but also have the various helmet mounts. The quality on the Hero 2 is very good, and I don't even use it in the highest resolution (1080p) as it crops the image slightly. It also uses a 'fish eye' lens which allows a wider viewing angle than a standard camera lens.

However I would say it is over priced, but then again it is the new 'must have' gadget on the extreme sports scene and they know people will pay £300 for it.

Have a look at shops in the States. It could very well be cheaper to get one sent over here as they are dollar for pound (£300 here and $300 there). I got mine for $150 when i was out there in January but that's only because my brother can get them half price :).
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    The mounting options, the super-wide angle lens, the take a shot every 5secs feature..to name but three

You get some truly awesome pictures with a GoPro/Contour - very different from your average camera

You can get a ContourROAM for under £140 and you can get a GoPro HD Hero 2 for £40 more than the Pentax you linked to
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8