Another Epic Fail

Pudseyp
Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
England....all the hype and so much hope...but shite again as always...at times like this I wish I was Welsh.
Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pudseyp wrote:
    England....all the hype and so much hope...but shite again as always...at times like this I wish I was sheepshagger instead of a walker
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Pudseyp wrote:
    England....all the hype and so much hope...but shite again as always...at times like this I wish I was Welsh.

What hype, wasn't expecting them to get this far.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    ^This. I don't think anyone had any expectations. I think that when we got through the group stage people started thinking "Is it possible?" but it was only murmours, nobody expected anything.
    Rooney should be slaughtered for his efforts though, he was terrible!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    I am no footie fan or expert, but it seems as if England's team ran out of luck
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    They have the supposed best league in the world and a totally average national team.

Says something.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • micksjoiner
    micksjoiner Posts: 409
    proud to be scottish on a day like today haha
    hates dog walkers
  • I am no footie fan or expert, but it seems as if England's team ran out of skill

There - fixed it for you :P
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    I am no footie fan or expert, but it seems as if England's team ran out of skill

There - fixed it for you :P

I would have said the first comment didnt need fixing. We cant run out of skill if we never had it in the first place! :roll:
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    nicklouse wrote:
    They have the supposed best league in the world and a totally average national team.

Says something.

Says all the players are foreign in the league, And also that football is a complete sissies game sinse the end of the 80's/very early 90's.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    nicklouse wrote:

Says something.

Says all the players are foreign in the league, And also that football is a complete sissies game sinse the end of the 80's/very early 90's.
    I agree i stopped being a fan after Italia 90, all the diving ruined it for me .
    I still watch the national games but purely as a part timer.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    From what I heard the England team had plenty of luck. They were lucky none of the Italian shots were on target. Couldn't really give a monkeys either way. The upside of England going out is I don't have to listen to the drinks in the pub shouting at the telly. The downside is when England are playing it's usually quiet out and a good time to go for a ride.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Thought England were excellant yesterday, some of the young players breaking through were top notch and the future looks bright
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mak3m wrote:
    Thought England were excellant yesterday, some of the young players breaking through were top notch and the future looks bright

for the record i don't really like football and very rarely watch it, but what game were you watching? first half they were ok at best and second half they were crap!! if they were excellent they'd have won :wink::lol:
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    welshkev wrote:
    mak3m wrote:

for the record i don't really like football and very rarely watch it, but what game were you watching? first half they were ok at best and second half they were crap!! if they were excellent they'd have won :wink::lol:

what are these halfs you mention :P

im talking about the England and Wales Cricket team completing a white wash of the west indies :lol::lol::lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mak3m wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    mak3m wrote:

what are these halfs you mention :P

im talking about the England and Wales Cricket team completing a white wash of the west indies :lol::lol::lol:

ah, well in that case i apologise :lol:
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    nicklouse wrote:
    Irrelevant as most aren't English anyway.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Veronese68 wrote:
    From what I heard the England team had plenty of luck. They were lucky none of the Italian shots were on target.
    So I'm guessing you didn't watch it then? I listened to the extra time and penalties on the radio, where they pointed out England had something like 9 shots at goal with 4 on target, and Italy had 30 shots on goal with 20 on target. That's a fair few more shots, and plenty on target!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    Irrelevant as most aren't English anyway.
    but maybe that IS the issue.

I am sure the UK has the higest % of no nationals playing in their home league than any other european nation.

IIRC there was a cap on the numbers but that got removed at about the same time England forgot how to play football.

I may be wrong.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Maybe there was, it rings a bell.
  • England just do not have quality players in the side as do other good national teams, they do not have a playmaker someone who can change a game like other teams, gerrard is a good player but is getting on now and even he couldn't boss the midfield from 10 yards outside the 18 yard box.
    You only have too look at some of the other quality players who can win games, pirlo was excellent because he was given all the time in the world, you can't give class players like that all that time too pick passes. But other teams have there go too players also, ronaldo Portugal, ozil Germany and others, too many in the Spanish side too list, we have good players but there technical ability will never be as good as others, sorry if this sounds like a rant but I think it's true IMHO, oh well same old England but still won't stop me watching.
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    England just do not have quality players in the side as do other good national teams, they do not have a playmaker someone who can change a game like other teams, gerrard is a good player but is getting on now and even he couldn't boss the midfield from 10 yards outside the 18 yard box.
    You only have too look at some of the other quality players who can win games, pirlo was excellent because he was given all the time in the world, you can't give class players like that all that time too pick passes. But other teams have there go too players also, ronaldo Portugal, ozil Germany and others, too many in the Spanish side too list, we have good players but there technical ability will never be as good as others, sorry if this sounds like a rant but I think it's true IMHO, oh well same old England but still won't stop me watching.

That's cos your a football fan so by nature of definition like it up the pooper :P
  • England just do not have quality players in the side as do other good national teams, they do not have a playmaker someone who can change a game like other teams, gerrard is a good player but is getting on now and even he couldn't boss the midfield from 10 yards outside the 18 yard box.

That's cos your a football fan so by nature of definition like it up the pooper :P

Tis true being an England fan we have been taking it so long now you don't even have too thrutch anymore after a game :lol:
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Veronese68 wrote:
    From what I heard the England team had plenty of luck. They were lucky none of the Italian shots were on target.
    So I'm guessing you didn't watch it then? I listened to the extra time and penalties on the radio, where they pointed out England had something like 9 shots at goal with 4 on target, and Italy had 30 shots on goal with 20 on target. That's a fair few more shots, and plenty on target!
    Dead right. I didn't watch it. I'm not a football fan, I just hear the stuff other people spout and for some reason some of it goes in. I probably shouldn't have commented as I know naff all about it.
    Being half Italian and half English it seems to really upset blokes at work that I couldn't give a toss who won. They feel I must have an opinion. Why?