two dogs...

dylanfernley
dylanfernley Posts: 409
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
For Sale.

dog 1 - is dead, but stuffed to a high standard.There are no running costs, no unexpected bills, but must be kept in dry conditions.

dog 2-- is alive and well, however is very active and needs 5 - 7 miles of exercise daily, feeding, and all the necessary attention, like a child that does not grow up it will require looking after, in return gives unconditional love, some amusement and for the lonely-- company, does not nag or complain, on the plus side does like to run alongside a bike, can do up to thirty miles without stopping, so is fit and ready to go'

dog 1 has high start up cost, but low thereafter, dog2 has low start up but on going maintenance issues.

free trial on dog1 -- but not on dog 2

no time wasters

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Thought this was going to be the old joke about the names given to red indian warriors. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    WTF ?
    :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Can you specify the make, model and age of both dogs please. I'm assuming that Dog 1 doesn't have fleas or worms but what about Dog 2?

Do they only answer to Dog 1 and Dog 2 or do they have other names as I don't fancy shouting "dog 1 come!" at the top of my voice over the fields (not that he would).

Finally, the 30 miles Dog 2 is capable of, is with a road bike or MTB and at what average speed?
    :wink:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Does Dog 1 have wheels?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • dylanfernley
    Gizmodo-- Dog1 was an airedale terrier, that has been teflon coated for durability,but does no longer respond to a name.
    Dog 2 is a spaniodor-- with a bit of collie thrown in, loves to run, can easily do 15mph, up to bursts of 25mph, does not mind terrain, she does have a name, but that can be revealed upon ownership.

as for fitting wheels to dog 1- this would be possible for a fee, bespoke dogs do cost more
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I'll buy the Airedale. My girlfriend grew up with 3 of them so if I hide a stuffed one in the wardrobe it will scare the crap out of her at some point.
  • team47b
    I was thinking that Dog 1 with wheels, connected as a trailer, would look like I was constantly being chased by a dog wherever I went. :D
  • dylanfernley
    the wheeled dog will present some stability issues if towed at any speed,with variable road surfaces, i need to do some more trials with different types of undercarriage, however a digital bark/howl can be added for extra fun
  • team47b
    the wheeled dog will present some stability issues if towed at any speed,with variable road surfaces, i need to do some more trials with different types of undercarriage, however a digital bark/howl can be added for extra fun

The stuffed cat I am currently being chased around by has a single 16 inch wheel with a Schwalbe tyre and handles fine up to 40kph but the extra length needed for the dog may cause fish tailing on downhills, but the visual effect of the dog chasing the cat that is chasing the bike would make it all worthwhile :D

cat meow thrown in for the same price?
  • dylanfernley
    thats some big cat, would dwarf the terrier, but i agree would make a unique sight, now if that could be combined with a visitation to the god botherers who invade my town on sat morning-- would shut them up and make a you tube hit
  • dylanfernley
    that would turn a few heads i reckon, don't like the helmet though .
  • team47b
    :D

The dog's brown, it just won't go with the colour scheme, have you got one in silver/could you get it powder coated or chromed?
  • dylanfernley
    chroming might be tricky , but a re spray with marine paint should be hard wearing, there might be scope for advertising..............hound tucker, or as in france them poodle parlours