Bike Sick

mattwillier
mattwillier Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in Road general
Hi all,

I have recently snapped my Achilles tendon and had to have an operation. I am obviously extremely gutted, especially as I was supposed to be going to France to watch the tour. I have heard all sorts of horror stories regarding recovery time. Has any members here on the forum suffered the same injury?

Comments

• FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Nowhere near as bad as your injury, but I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendonitis in April.

Been seeing a physio 2-3 times a month and they reckon I've got at least another month.

Luckily, I can still ride, but it has screwed up my triathlon season as I haven't run since March.

Good luck with your recovery.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • JonnyJH
    JonnyJH Posts: 47
    My dad is 64 but very fit due to still refusing to retire and working outside his whole life as an estates manager.
    He snapped his Achilles tendon last year jumping of a quad bike.
    He had to have an operation then wear a cast for a while then physio for a while plus I think was a weird boot/shoe at some point?....
    I think it was about 6 months before he was fully recovered.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Christ, how did you snap it?! That's insane!
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Herbsman wrote:
    Christ, how did you snap it?! That's insane!

Took your advice to pedal harder :?: