Washing clothes

2»

Comments

• Grangers is an alternative to Nikwax….
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Reidy36
    Reidy36 Posts: 25
    Oops, just put mine thorugh on a 60c wash with fabric conditioner.

Just reminded me to take out the machine now, thanks guys.

Will have a look at the tescos stuff also.
  • Defyand
    Defyand Posts: 49
    This is odd :D
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    rdt wrote:
    Nikwax stuff is usually ludicrously expensive, cleverly compounded by 'usage instructions' which suggest you use an order of magnitude more of the stuff than is probably needed. Surprised the instructions don't say "rinse, repeat" too for added measure, and amazed that such a fat margin business hasn't drawn more (any!) competition. Yet.

I am not overly bothered by that - I do two washes a week of just my cycle stuff - but I will use less than they suggest (thanks for the tip)/
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    jonomc4 wrote:
    rdt wrote:
    Nikwax stuff is usually ludicrously expensive, cleverly compounded by 'usage instructions' which suggest you use an order of magnitude more of the stuff than is probably needed. Surprised the instructions don't say "rinse, repeat" too for added measure, and amazed that such a fat margin business hasn't drawn more (any!) competition. Yet.

I am not overly bothered by that - I do two washes a week of just my cycle stuff - but I will use less than they suggest (thanks for the tip)/

Fair enough re cost. I'm in a soft water area, and with Nikwax Tech Wash at least, the recommended dosage had foam spewing comedy-like out of the powder drawer! :lol: Maybe the one you've bought is different.