on one 456 evo, updated 17.10.2012

2»

Comments

• toastedone
    toastedone Posts: 838
    How are you liking the bike? how does it ride, I am looking at getting the pre built evo, I have owned a 456 Carbon, but fancy the evo.

Thanks, and looking great so far
  • toastedone wrote:
    How are you liking the bike? how does it ride, I am looking at getting the pre built evo, I have owned a 456 Carbon, but fancy the evo.

Thanks, and looking great so far

thanks, still not been out on it yet, still in need of cassette and chain, also lost fluid when i cut the braided hoses so now waiting for a bleed kit to arrive to do the back brake as its none existant at the moment :(
  • all done and dusted now, cassette and chain finally came yesterday :D and fitted the rear gear cable, time for a spin 8)
    7864651150_aa87f26c12.jpg
    IMAG0210 by ellsbells1973, on Flickr
    7864708252_ea7fa5f103.jpg
    IMAG0209 by ellsbells1973, on Flickr
    7864656250_442485f267.jpg
    IMAG0208 by ellsbells1973, on Flickr
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Love that; how are you finding the Plasma chain device?
  • mcnultycop wrote:
    Love that; how are you finding the Plasma chain device?

seems fine so far but it is noisy
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    that looks
      6165288_ec98b8e819_m.jpeg:wink:
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
    • bluechair84
      bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
      Yup! Like that! As someone else said... makes me miss my hardtail.
    • jay12
      jay12 Posts: 6,306
      i like that a lot! didn't think i'd like all the orange bits as you don't usually see this as a colour scheme but this really looks great
    • mac245
      mac245 Posts: 48
      Extremely cool!
    • Scion1
      Scion1 Posts: 27
      The colour's are superb.nice bike.
    • 8097574191_ec3691d2ec.jpg
      Untitled by ellsbells1973, on Flickr

8097575007_7241530eb9.jpg
      Untitled by ellsbells1973, on Flickr

another update of parts today, finally got a set of revelations from merlin, also treated myself to a new xt shadow plus rear mech and shifter, race face cranks, new chain and a set of new tyres.
      so its gisburn saturday and whinlatter sunday
    • DanDax1990
      DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
      Jealousy has taken over. Chuffing beautiful.
    • just finished setting forks up and noticed the little gold floodgate adjuster on top of right leg, cheers merlin cycles i only wanted the rev rl but got rlt's for same money
      certainly pedals a lot nicer with the mountain kings on but we'll see how she fares on the trail on saturday
      will upload the final build pics tomorrow
    • bennett_346
      bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
      just finished setting forks up and noticed the little gold floodgate adjuster on top of right leg, cheers merlin cycles i only wanted the rev rl but got rlt's for same money
      certainly pedals a lot nicer with the mountain kings on but we'll see how she fares on the trail on saturday
      That's still just an RL ;)
    • Absolutely stunning bike, very jealous
    • just finished setting forks up and noticed the little gold floodgate adjuster on top of right leg, cheers merlin cycles i only wanted the rev rl but got rlt's for same money
      but it also has the rlt sticker on rear of leg. i was under the impression that the floodgate was internal on an rl and rlt was external which is how i adjust this fork
    • white91
      white91 Posts: 431
      How is the shadow plus? Worth the extra?
    • white91 wrote:
      How is the shadow plus? Worth the extra?
      worth paying extra £20 for? no, does it work? yes
      if you use a chain device with a lower guide you dont really need one, or should i say, i have never dropped a chain yet,
    • bennett_346
      bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
      just finished setting forks up and noticed the little gold floodgate adjuster on top of right leg, cheers merlin cycles i only wanted the rev rl but got rlt's for same money
      but it also has the rlt sticker on rear of leg. i was under the impression that the floodgate was internal on an rl and rlt was external which is how i adjust this fork
      I have the RL and it's external adjustment for the floodgate.

Maybe there's just no difference??
    • [ LLeR ]
      [ LLeR ] Posts: 1
      Wow a really nice frame.. Same here but my frame is size18, raw finish too.. I like your crank