Seasonal Observation

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,965
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
I know it's only a couple of days in, but this is a very mild winter that we're having.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    :D

7419861294_c8e95c8b3a.jpg

it's doing wonders for the tourist trade today!

7419886212_90820fd976.jpg

if you sell umbrellas that is..
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    It makes me feel very British
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Do we actually have seasons anymore? We just seem to lurch from one period of indifferent weather into another. It just seems the sh1t weather has got really sh1t and the good weather isn't so good. :cry:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Have I mentioned today that I got caught in a hail storm whilst out earlier (Blackburn area)
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I just love continous rain... oh the some drizzle... minute of sun... rain :x
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The last two years I've taken my hols in the UK but I've had enough now and have finally snapped, have got a fortnight off from next weekend and I'm hopping on a plane somewhere to get some sun! I'm not a massive sun seeker but we don't even get consistent bright days with temps in low 20C anymore let alone the really hot weather we had in years gone past. And I live in the supposedly dry warm south-east so fuck knows how you northern types are coping.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    We spent a very wet two weeks in wales last year, just stuck under a weather system that wouldn't move. It cost us loads in petrol, driving about 30 miles south each day to get out of it. That particular spell of bad weather came after 6 weeks of blistering temperatures there.

Occasionally we do get spells of good weather and we can compare our temperatures with those on the "Costas". But if it does finally come this year and anyone says to me "Why do people want to go abroad eh? when we've got weather like this here?" I don't think I can held responsible for my actions.

The older I get, the better I was.

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I know it's only a couple of days in, but this is a very mild winter that we're having.

It's nice to get the central heating on a bit early I think. Is it too late to get the chimneys swept?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Rolf F wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

It's nice to get the central heating on a bit early I think. Is it too late to get the chimneys swept?

Not if you get them to do it in shteppin time.