Looking into replacement front wheel

Shimano Deore Hub on Mavic A319 Rim Complete Wheel, 35644
Say... That's a nice bike..
Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)

Comments

• FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    ok-emoticon.gif
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • clu
    clu Posts: 89
    OK with me as well, never had any problems with this retailer.
    2004 Trek 5500 OCLV
    2014 Cervelo R3 Black/Blue
    2018 Cervelo R3 Disc Navy/Red
    2018 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Grey
    2020 Trek Domane SL 5 Disc Matte Navy
  • datasone
    datasone Posts: 35
    Only used them a couple of times, but not had any problems.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Same as everyone else, good. Got my road bike from them, really helpful.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    No probs here - had to return something (wrong size) and the returns process was quick and simple too.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    No problems, but postage could be quicker.
  • ineedalager
    ineedalager Posts: 374
    I use them on Ebay and I would say they are excellent.
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    The Cardiff Store is local to my place of work and I've used them a lot, always found them very helpful and will continue to use them.

Different story with their website, in my experience they tend to list a hell of a lot but it seems they order from the suppliers as and when required for a number of items (which is fine if you're willing to wait) ~ However they've also lied about an item I've ordered in the past.

Tredz Online and Koo-Bikes are on my lying scum black list.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • giarc
    giarc Posts: 54
    They are legit yeah. They have a nice shiny store in Cardiff and Swansea. They reminded me a bit like halfords, the guy who was chatting to me wasn't really a bike fan just worked in the sales department by chance I think. The prices on the website are pretty competitive too.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    No problems buying but when I tried to return something under warrenty had loads of excuses about staff changes causing a backlog and then they claimed no knowledge of receipt. Partially my own fault for not sending recorded. I won't use them again though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Defyand
    Defyand Posts: 49
    No problems , in fact found them to be very efficient! Would personally recommend
  • tc3nitro
    tc3nitro Posts: 82
    Just used Tredz this weekend to order a couple of bits.
    There were listed as in stock (that is the reason i placed the order) and 3 days later they sent me an email to let me know that they are now out of stock and won't be with me until next weekend.
    This is obviously a case of one of those aweful shops that run shadow stock (listing items they 'think' are in stock with their suppliers). I am a firm beleiver that when something is listed as 'In Stock' it should actually be sat on a shelve in the shop/warehouse/stores waiting to be dispached.

Anyway this will be the last time I use Tredz.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i've used Tredz - no problems
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    There were listed as in stock (that is the reason i placed the order) and 3 days later they sent me an email to let me know that they are now out of stock and won't be with me until next weekend.

I've just had this too. I wanted the item for this weekend, so emailed them to cancel the order but have had no response :?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    tc3nitro wrote:
    This is obviously a case of one of those aweful shops that run shadow stock (listing items they 'think' are in stock with their suppliers). I am a firm beleiver that when something is listed as 'In Stock' it should actually be sat on a shelve in the shop/warehouse/stores waiting to be dispached.

Ditto
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    tc3nitro wrote:

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. They told me that the part in question had been discontinued (3T Ergonova) which I called BS on. Basically they drop-ship much of their stock so if it's out with the supplier then good luck. They did refund me immediately which I was quite happy about, but that should be normal considering they didn't have what I wanted.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I ordered some overshoes and toe covers from them last Nov/Dec. Didn't get them until March so I wasn't all that impressed... To be fair to them they were apologetic and honest about the likely delivery times.

As others have said, don't expect all items listed on the website as 'in stock' to actually be in stock.
  • tc3nitro
    tc3nitro Posts: 82
    In light of the comments added after my post I have cancelled my order from Tredz and will re-order from another shop.
    Seems like this happens a lot, I hate shops that run a shadow stock system without telling customers.

In Stock should mean IN STOCK !
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    yeah my wheel was out of stock for a couple of weeks, not too fussed...
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Tredz are a great supplier. I've bought tons of stuff from them. The shop is small in Cardiff but the online part is as good as anything.

I use 4 main online shops, Wiggle, Tredz, Evans and Chain Reaction.

Can't recommend Tredz enough, bought my last bike there a few months ago, great service.
  • I ordered some overshoes and toe covers from them last Nov/Dec. Didn't get them until March so I wasn't all that impressed... To be fair to them they were apologetic and honest about the likely delivery times.

As others have said, don't expect all items listed on the website as 'in stock' to actually be in stock.

I know they were having delivery problems with one of their delivery suppliers as they told me on the phone when ordering my bike, but they were looking into changing that, so you probably fell in that time zone when they were having hassle with them. As far as i know they are all sorted now.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Gladiator wrote:
    Tredz are a great supplier. I've bought tons of stuff from them. The shop is small in Cardiff but the online part is as good as anything.

I use 4 main online shops, Wiggle, Tredz, Evans and Chain Reaction.

Can't recommend Tredz enough, bought my last bike there a few months ago, great service.

Have you spoken to the guys in Cardiff shop? No more knowledgeable than the Evans lot. I now stick to my LBS as the couple quid more I spend is a small concession to make for such amazing service.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg