Commencal supreme mini dh 6.3

jaggy_snake
jaggy_snake Posts: 8
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, as the title suggests I'm looking for a bit of help on the bike in the title. I'm still pretty new to all this biking stuff so be nice if I come across as a total rookie, cause I pretty much am :oops:

I've been offered a 2007 one at a pretty decent price but but before I part with any of my hard earned cash I just wanted to get a few opinions as I can't seem to find any reliable or non biased info anywhere!

My riding mostly consists of forest trails with plenty of off road flats, uphills, fast downhills, jumps, drops, roots etc... You guys will know what I mean. I pretty much just want to know what this bike can do and if it'll handle the more aggressive rocky downhills that sometimes appear in front of me. I'd also be interested to know if anyone can tell me whether or not it would be suitable for a suspension upgrade in the way of a double crown system though apparently this isn't as essential as it once was to a bit of downhilling....

Any and all input will be much appreciated. Cheers! :D

Comments

• Uli
    Uli Posts: 190
    I think you will be fine with this bike as long as you feel comfy with it.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's ok, riding it uphill will be a world of pain though. It's designed for a 160mm fork so fitting 200mm dual crowns will ruin the handling.
    Have a look at the Specialized Enduro, Giant Reign X, Specialized SX Trail and Lappierre Spicey. Any of these will be better for what you want.
  • Thanks guys