Dredd

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Might be worth a look

dc489b4f.jpg
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,730
    At least they haven't taken Stallone out of his pickling jar to play the lead role.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    Clank wrote:

Watched that as well, but for some reason couldn't post from my iFail last night. Looks a bit like a certain martial arts film that's just been released, but not in a bad way. Could be the start of a good franchise especially if they bring in the Dark Judges. Hell, you could even do a comedy one set in Brit-Cit!

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Yea, in the comic Dredd never removed his helmet, in the Stallone movie, he never wore it!
    Let's hope the second attempt is a better effort
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    it can only be better than the last try
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Am I the only person on the planet who can't give a sh*t about this?
  • spongtastic
    Am I the only person on the planet who can't give a sh*t about this?

probably not, but you're the only one who couldn't give a s**t so much they have to comment.

• YeehaaMcgee
    Hmm.
    I'm just tired of all the comic-book films to be honest, there's loads of hype, and I just don't "get it". At all.
    Everyone seemed so excited about the Avengers movie (which didn't have emma peel, sadly), but I couldn't think of a more boring sounding film.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited June 2012
    Diana Rigg was hot.
    Honor Blackman wasn't too shoddy either. Pussy Galore.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmm.
    I'm just tired of all the comic-book films to be honest, there's loads of hype, and I just don't "get it". At all.
    Everyone seemed so excited about the Avengers movie (which didn't have emma peel, sadly), but I couldn't think of a more boring sounding film.

Which after all the naff comic book films of late was refreshingly good. :)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    t0pc4t wrote:
    it can only be better than the last try

Got to agree. The visuals for the last one were spot on (better looking than what I've seen in the trailer for the new one, so far), but the story was just s**t. Stallone was spot on, until he lifted the lid. And as for the 'comedy sidekick' - wtf??
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • t0pc4t
    it's a shame some of the current crop of science fiction isn't getting an outing on the big screen but I get the feeling that films need some kind of established track record to justify investment in them.

If that is the case comic books are my preferred source of material above 'reimagining' old films and making films based on board games.

that being said the new Total Recall might be really good.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • YeehaaMcgee
    films based on board games? What, like Ludo, the toddlywinks' revenge?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Snakes and ladders on a plane?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Jacob's snakes and ladders?
  • t0pc4t
    films based on board games? What, like Ludo, the toddlywinks' revenge?

no that battleship abomination that came out a couple of months ago

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • YeehaaMcgee
    There's a game called battleship abomination?
    That actually sounds quite epic.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Bad timing with the storyline and The Raid having just come out but as I'm a big Dredd fan from way back (2000ad reader from issue 1 right through to around 1999/2000) I'm willing to forgive it that.

Looking at the trailer and some of the 'leaked' stills I think I actually prefer the look of this one to the Stallone effort which was a bit too 'shiny' (and lets not even think about flying Lawmasters!) - this one looks a bit grubbier.

As said, hoping this succeeds so that we might see some old favourites make it to the screen. Dark Judges obviously, but I reckon Chopper would be cool too and an updated Angel Gang might be fun. If they wanted to keep it darker then 'America' might be a good starting point?

slainte :idea: rob
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    ^^ spot on first bit

filled with dredd, excuse the pun, when i saw full title 3d gtfo, then the trailer which shows them shamelessly nicking a plot and diolouge from a low budget malasian film

will not doubt be forced to watch it as most films are dross these days, frig who needs a decent script and cinematography, we can just make some sparks fly out the screen and fill the awkward silences with cgi
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Seems like they've got the feel about right... And no bad thing that they've gone for a different look for the judges, the fanbois seem to hate that but honestly, the judge uniform was always stupid. Just hope they make the judges as bad as they need to be- they're not heroes or even antiheroes, they're least-bad villains and always should be.

It might be good. Seems like a fairly standard short Dredd plot, and at least there's no fatties or walter the fecking wobot. The big plots- necropolis, america, etc- wouldn't fit on a film screen I reckon and most of 'em need too much setup too.
    Uncompromising extremist