Got Jedi'd on Wednesday

sandy771
sandy771 Posts: 368
edited June 2012 in MTB general
If you don’t believe the hype you should – he is very good.

High point (other than the 6 foot gap jump) was my first go on the pump trail towards the 9’ table top. Never pumped before (and rarely got any air time) and suddenly I was in the air and heading towards the far end of the table top thinking how the fcuk did I get here.

Tony has a very easy teaching style and does seem to get inside your head (hence the name jedi).

Lots of basic stuff for me (only been riding for a little over 6 months) but well worth the 300 mile drive.

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Very tempted myself, i reckon i'm due a skills course.
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    I've been to see the master too.
    Brilliant experience taught me a lot about the skills I was neglecting and plenty of tips on how to improve!
    If you have the bike and the enthusiasm for riding you need to go see him. And be quick he gets booked up fast!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Well done, amazing what they teach you just the basic stuff helps most and once you have been shown you think, damn why didn't UI do that before.

Get practicing the jumping and you'll be clearing all sorts in a couple of months :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    I've heard of this guy but never loooked into the detail. do you have a link for him?

/get's an idea for mrs B's b'day pressie and maybe a side trip for myself...

/edit, nvm; found 8) http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/index.html for anyone else wondering what this lot are twittering on about :wink:
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    Thanks for your kind words. Glad you made it home. Longway! :)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Yup, i've been Jedi'd too - highly recommended :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    miss notax wrote:
    Yup, i've been Jedi'd too - highly recommended :lol:

I want to make a rude crudcather type comment here. having met the lovely miss notax
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    miss notax wrote:
    :lol:

Don't tempt me... my will power is weak!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Just said to wifey vers 1.2 about doing a skills course, she said why, i mentioned about doing doubles, she said why would i want to do that on yours severel thousand pounds worth of bikes?
    :lol: :shock: :roll: :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty