Online group training

nickride
nickride Posts: 8
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
My friends and I are training for a group road race toward the end of the summer but we all live in different cities making it hard to train, does anyone know of any apps that we can use to simulate training against each other? Something like setting a time and a distance and then see friends stats at every point of the ride along side your own, not just at the end.

I heard Softrace does something like this but i haven`t been able to get it to work.
Does anyone know if Strava can do live challenges? i.e. where you can set a time or distance and compete against other people live?

Thanks!

Comments

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    You could get strava to work,

Maybe select similar roads/sections to each other, say 2.5 mile straight road, flat and then create segments.

You then follow each other so you can see each others segment results and compare using excel, might be a little setting up involved, but least it will get you going until you find a different option.

You could also set up longer routes, hill climbs with the same grade, etc etc.. and challenge each other.