Waterproof Jacket

James H-S
James H-S Posts: 139
edited June 2012 in Road general
Hi I'm after some help. I have been looking for a waterproof jacket suitable for racing for a while no and just cant find one that will fit! If I can find one suitable I'm not oo bothered about how much it costs, Im 5'10 and 55kg.

The criteria is:-

- See thru so number can be seen
- Tight Race fit

Comments

• Duffer65
    Duffer65 Posts: 341
    Obviously you've tried and rejected these?

Castelli Sottile (waterproof)
    Castelli Squadra (water resistant) I have this jacket and it's good for the price.
    DHB Clear Race Jacket (water resistant)
    Endura FS260-Pro Adrenaline Race Cape (water resistant)
    Where would you be if you fell down a hole?.. Stuck down a hole... in the fog... Stuck down a hole, in the fog, at night... WITH AN OWL!
  • James H-S
    I have tried the castelli in size small and its like a tent on me - cant find one in xs.
    DHB - Im not convinced on how small/race fit they will be.
    Not looked at the endura one - will look now!
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    After taking some advice on her last week I got one of these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-hot-pa ... cket-2012/

It's white but see through and it packs up to the size of a tennis ball for easy storage. I'm 5'10 and 60kg and the medium is a nice 'race fit' on me and I was pleased with the length of the sleeves as my last jackets' were far too short when stretched out on the drops. It has vents on the back(as well as a small pocket) and vents under the sleeves so hopefully it won't be too much of a boil in the bag if I need to use it on the Marmotte next week.
  • Penfold06
    Penfold06 Posts: 161
    Got one of those myself. Great little jacket, not had it long so haven't been able to give it a thorough testing but for what it is (a showerproof) it seems ideal. Although I must say it doesn't fair well in a heavy downpour for long, but then what showerproof would?

I bought mine after seeing it in cycling plus. 5/5 from them so you can't have gone too far wrong.
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    James H-S wrote:
    Hi I'm after some help. I have been looking for a waterproof jacket suitable for racing for a while no and just cant find one that will fit! If I can find one suitable I'm not oo bothered about how much it costs, Im 5'10 and 55kg.

The criteria is:-

- See thru so number can be seen
    - Tight Race fit

Evans have Mavic Helium jackets on at 50% off, which might be worth considering:-

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mav ... t-ec018340

The white ones are fairly transparent, and they have a tight "racing fit". They are extremely lightweight and pack v small, though "wind / shower resistant" *not* waterproof might be a better description.
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    I'm a big fan of my Castelli Sottile if you can find your size.

Most see through though that I've seen is the Santini rain jacket from last year. Current version here -

http://santinisms.it/en_product.aspx?id=351

Still looks pretty see through in white.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    An issue I have had with these is how easy is it to get on or off over your wrists. Like an idiot I bought an Assos version of this and first time I put in on during an event I put my thumb through the area near the wrist. This area needs some thought.
  • H Cain
    H Cain Posts: 2
    Gore Xenon or new short sleeve Gt As model

Fit form and function end off
  • James H-S
    Well I went for the mavic one, hopefully it will be here today so ill see how it fits :)