Cracked Frame

2»

Comments

• bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Veronese68 wrote:
    More importantly. Do you get to keep the old Marin so you can buy an old frame and have your n+1?

Didn't get to keep the old bike, they sent it back to Marin as they wanted to have a look at the frame. Picked up the new bike on Wednesday evening, all I can say is that I have been commuting to work with a big cheesy grin on my face the last couple of days. Having started commuting three years ago I never thought I would ride a road bike, now I know what I have been missing. The real scary thing is going from hydraulic disc brakes to blocks, you need to anticipate a lot earlier. Everything else is complete awesomeness, even enjoyed the head wind home last night.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    More importantly. Do you get to keep the old Marin so you can buy an old frame and have your n+1?

Didn't get to keep the old bike, they sent it back to Marin as they wanted to have a look at the frame. Picked up the new bike on Wednesday evening, all I can say is that I have been commuting to work with a big cheesy grin on my face the last couple of days. Having started commuting three years ago I never thought I would ride a road bike, now I know what I have been missing. The real scary thing is going from hydraulic disc brakes to blocks, you need to anticipate a lot earlier. Everything else is complete awesomeness, even enjoyed the head wind home last night.

drops are great in winds, even with a SS just cut though it, one advantage of roadie brakes is they are simple and easy to keep right.