X-Fusion E1 RL Rear Shock

andy46
andy46 Posts: 1,666
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know if these shocks are any good? I'm looking at a 2012 Scott Spark 70 and while the spec looks ok I can't find many reviews on them.

To be honest I haven't really heard of X-Fusion before. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's a budget shock - they do the job ok, but don't expect the same performance as a basic fox or mid range RS shock. They don't tend to be as smooth or well damped.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    The bike is actually going to belong to my other half, she's only a lightweight (around 8 and a half stone) will this mean that it will feel a bit like a pogo stick? We can get a good deal on the bike from her LBS so it may be worth upgrading the shock as she is getting a good saving on the bike.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Totally evoid shock. My brother just brought a new cannondale rz 120 three custom and came with those shocks. It tends to leak A LOT!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So you googled it, found the site and left your whinge, one leaking shock is meaningless. You don't even say what it's leaking!

If you've budgeted for a new shock I'd try it and see, also look out for a nearly new bargain on ebay etc.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You know, I am going to evoid that shock. Thanks for the well informed and useful advice.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    Ive had an xfusion rear shock on my rockrider for over a year and NO LEAK...its done me a job,might not be the top spec but it does what is asked of it,my mate one onhis spesh pitch and weve both been on glentress and inners even down the black and it handled really well.go with it and if its not for you(or the good lady)punt it and get upgrade.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    e Void - band from my youth
    Evoid-album-cover.jpg
    The early 80's were interesting.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    My RR has got a x-fusion shock, it's not bad. I haven't got a huge amount of experience with full suss mtbs but it's good and controlled. I'll upgrade it one day but it'll do for now.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Leaking air. Wat do u think I mean't
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Leaking air. Wat do u think I mean't
    Brain cells?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    oil, grease, air - all are in there - did you think what else it could have been?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Ive got an x fusion basic shock on my gt and its been doing a grand job since jan, weekly doing trips to coed y brenin llandegla, marin trail etc , i keep up with mates on on bikes with fox rp23 cashmere knitted coated thingies no probs
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011