Cav admits Olympics focus will harm TdF results...

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's only lost a few pounds, not turned into a different person. He'll be more or less the same as he was before. He'll win three stages at the Tour, perhaps more.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    He's only lost a few pounds, not turned into a different person. He'll be more or less the same as he was before. He'll win three stages at the Tour, perhaps more.

Quite.

He's not doing a Wiggins........
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I'd disagree and I certainly don't think it's "well known". Look at Wiggins - he could always TT, but learnt how to climb.

+1 Wiggins didn't even consider himself a GC contender 4/5 years ago.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    gabriel959 wrote:
    It will be good to see him do something else apart from just appearing in the last 10 seconds. He is the best at that but it is a bit boring IMO.

don't agree - I love watch the whole set up and battle between the lead out trains in the last 5k
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    dave milne wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    It will be good to see him do something else apart from just appearing in the last 10 seconds. He is the best at that but it is a bit boring IMO.

don't agree - I love watch the whole set up and battle between the lead out trains in the last 5k

+1 to this. Anyone who isn't on the edge of their seat watching the last few K of a sprint stage is frankly just not sitting down!

I think I'd like to see a few more side on shots as the sprinters cross the line (just like when Cav gassed it past everyone on the champs a couple of years ago) the trouble with the head on shot is the loss of perspective which sometimes leaves me wondering who got it (unless they have time to raise their arms).

Perhaps elevated cameras like we see in horse racing would be the answer.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Oh well, the cycling commentators/writers et al must have been wrong when I read about this in the last 25 years.
    I guess Cav has admitted his sprint has suffered as he's changed his training and diet which kind of agrees with my point. Ah, well don't shoot the messenger.
    We'll see I guess. My bet is that Cav, at.the Olmpics, may hang on but will lose the sprint. ;)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • blah blah blah 25 years blah blah blah

Have you actually read what's been written in here or have you just decided that Cav is useless and you know better than anyone?

Let's all come back on the 29th of July and sling insults at eachother. It will be fun.
  • jerry3571
    Thought that would get you stoked!! :lol:
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571
    Just a wee footnote on Team Sky and Tour de France preparation, Wiggins and the 2010 TDF.

Wiggins noticed this year that he struggled on the higher climbs, and so he is hoping that altitude training will help him overcome that Achilles heel. “It's an idea myself, Dave Brailsford and Shane Sutton came up with after assessing the season just gone and how we could maybe improve things in 2011,” he said .

Hee! Hee!

-Jacques Anquetil