Bike vs car vs tram

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    And why, pray tell, did Mr and Mrs Ankers choose to name their progeny "Wayne"?
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Mr W. Ankers! mmmm is that a wind up? rather unfortunate.

Some of the comments are quite funny, especially the one from the guy who is never gonna give his car up. Wonder how is heart attack is coming along?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • fill_uk
    fill_uk Posts: 52
    I saw his comments, bet he hates all road users that are in front of him no matter what mode of transport.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,963
    I live in Edinburgh. To get into town by bike takes about 45 mins, by car about an hour and the tram takes about 7 years.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    fill_uk wrote:
    I saw his comments, bet he hates all road users that are in front of him no matter what mode of transport.

But do you know what? I bet there's a fair few people on this forum that, once upon a time, might have said the same thing as this bloke. Don't be angry about him - pity that if he'd had a break like I did (change of office plus C2W waking me up) he might have chosen to get out of the car himself.

He thinks he likes his morning commute but how often does he deliberately extend it? 8)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I live in Edinburgh. To get into town by bike takes about 45 mins, by car about an hour and the tram takes about 7 years.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee wrote:
  • fill_uk
    But do you know what? I bet there's a fair few people on this forum that,

Me included, im not angry at people like that as such because i used have a similar frame of mind until only recently albeit maybe less vocal about it. It still surprises me how much i have taken to cycling having bought a bike for leisure rides with my kids and only trying commuting out of feasibility and now in doing my 24 mile round trip 4 times a week and miss it on the day i have to use the car. Maybe similar will happen to that bloke. Perhaps i dislike the person i was now im fitter and less stressed on my commute.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this 'race' in theory the bike should win hands down on the route i suspect it would take, although as i remember the tram line in question is brand new and only opened a few weeks ago so this could be the MEN advertising metrolink
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Surprise - the Bike won!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • fill_uk
    Loving the comment from the reporter on the bus about a smear of poo on the window. I hope she means from a bird and nothing else. :?
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    rubertoe wrote:
    Surprise - the Bike won!

He beat the others back to the office too.