team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
...don't they grow quickly!

You can sit and watch them grow.
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    Yeah, I went away on holiday last year and when I got back I had a courgette the size of marrow.

I plant does for the two of us all summer, by september I'm tired of googling courgette recipies, but they are very yummy.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    garryc wrote:
    Yeah, I went away on holiday last year and when I got back I had a courgette the size of marrow.

I plant does for the two of us all summer, by september I'm tired of googling courgette recipies, but they are very yummy.

It could have, in fact, been a marrow, did you ever consider that possibility, no I thought not. I like courgettes - very versatile - grated, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil - loverleeee summers lunch.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Horrible nasty things !!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • team47b
    This post was originally my attempt at a variation on the theme of watching paint dry, ie waiting for something interesting to happen on BR, as humour it failed.

Anyway here is my favourite courgette recipe...

Slice courgette lengthways in thinnish slices, BBQ both sides, then remove from BBQ place a round piece of goats cheese in the centre, put a slice of tomato on top, then a couple of basil leaves, it should now resemble a wristwatch, fold straps into centre, pin with a cocktail stick and then place back on a griddle on the BBQ until the cheeses melts, when it has cooled slightly place the whole thing (minus the cocktail stick) in your gob, om nom nom.

There are 4 more courgettes that have grown today :D
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ^^^ actually I think it succeeded its just that there was a thread about courgettes not long ago.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • team47b
    Got me!

I can't believe that I was genuinely excited about the idea of another courgette thread!

Picked two more today. Probably should move on and discuss aubergines.