Special Interests?

gaspode
gaspode Posts: 110
Sorry if I've missed an announcement......

I normally read the forums via RSS feeds - lately, the 'Special Interests' forum feed has changed into 'Road - General' - just been on the site and I can't find Special Interests - has it been removed?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    It has been renamed as "Road General".

All the posts should still be there.
  • gaspode
    thanks - unfortunately, it's now being flooded with (as you'd expect from the title) general road posts - it was nice to have somewhere that other things were discussed without having to trawl through all the other posts .....
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Gaspode wrote:
    thanks - unfortunately, it's now being flooded with (as you'd expect from the title) general road posts - it was nice to have somewhere that other things were discussed without having to trawl through all the other posts .....

agree, just had a look and its lost is olde worlde charm in favour of being yet another place where road stuff might be put and missed by the more stuck in one forum members. road beginners, road general, cake stop, bottom bracket maybe, your road bikes, both commutings..... theres an awful lot of different places with an awful lot of overlap for road bikes and road posts. but nowhere for the *ahem* oddballs with folders or recumbents or 50 year old Claude Buters to go

Gaspode, some stuff has been moved elsewhere too. I found a folder bits thread of mine shifted into the Workshop.
  • gaspode
    Any chance that we can have 'Special Interests' back? - I've stuck with the new 'improved' Road General since the change, but it's mainly used as a place for the roadies to talk rubbish (for example, today's main topic is whether it's good form to belch or break-wind on club runs.....). Those of us 'non-modern roadies' (i.e. that ride folders or fixed/single-speeds or older classic bikes) have nowhere to go now and even if we use the Road General section, there's so much roadie-specific stuff that it's hard to see the wood for the trees.....