Cycling Clubs in Acton/Chiswick/Ealing/West London

AlleyCatMN
AlleyCatMN Posts: 9
edited June 2012 in Road general
Hi i'm new to this site and i'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place or what not so if you find this at its annoying then sorry... I'm a below knee amputee and i really want to start cycling for a club with a team and such in my local area, Acton/Chiswick/Ealing. I've tried looking on google but can; get anything useful from it. Does anyone know where i should be looking, any clubs that they can tink of, any useful web links that i can try. i'm not particulary looking for a disabled cycling club just a normal one is what i am looking for. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,603
    I live in Fulham and I have just started going with the Kingston Wheelers, based, wait for it, in Kingston.

It's not that near to you, but very manageable to get there - head south through Richmond park.

They're a big big club (400 odd members), across all abilities. Seems friendly and well organised - and they were heavily recommended when I was asking about.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    well done alley cat for getting out there and enjoy the thrill of bikeling - you might find some inspiration from BR forum member and world champ pokerface

viewtopic.php?p=17197716
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    Hi, if you look on British Cycling web page they list clubs that are affiliated to them. I would think most road clubs are.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder
  • Thanks so much guy's i'm looking into it now
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    You could also look at London Phoenix, we're internet based so a don't have a defined geographic location. There's a few of us in West and South London that are always looking for a ride. Kingston Wheelers are also worth looking at and seem decent bunch
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2