My ride to work today

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
Well I didn't as I was meant to pick up a load of kit so I used the mum mobile and listened to radio 4 all the way, but I will tomorrow. I just wanted to partcipate in this communter talk on the new communter forum.

But while I am here:

Can anyone recommend a route from my house to my work?

Can anyone also recommend a thing for a 'phone that will track me on my way to work?

Can anyone lend me a phone for the above tracking thing?

Thankyou!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That is really good news. Well done. Do you plan to ride to work everyday or do the cars scare you. The cars scare me so sometimes I ride on the pavement.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I find that if you time it just right, ie wait until all the lights are amber, you can often cycle to work quite happily and you'll find no moving traffic at junctions. Other than the motorists shouting at you, it's quite peaceful.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Yossie
    Agree - the pavement is the way forward. OUTTA DA FAKKIN' WAY PEDS.

I'm also going to invest some of my scarce funds in a movie camera thing to put on top of my helmet so I can film the people I have psised off by riding through red lights and on teh same said aforementioned pavement shouting at me and me shouting at them until they get out of their cars and kick fcuk out of me.

Then I'll go to the Feds and report them. Or post a copy of the film on this here communtig forum for everyone to ooh and ahh at.

Re people shouting at me - I just wear a Walkman and I can't hear them. I strap it my arm for some reason, but I'm not sure what yet, but I'm sure there is one.
  • naz1
    naz1 Posts: 28
    im new to cycling and ride to work. it's scary at time's. nearly copped for it today at McDonald's wilmslow road. a driver kept pulling out slowly not noticing me riding. had to shout. 7wat :evil:
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I would like to use my bicycle to commute to work, but I work from home and my wife objects to one keeping ones bicycle in the bedroom. Also the turning from ones entrance hall into ones study is a tad too tight! What is one to do?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I would like to use my bicycle to commute to work, but I work from home and my wife objects to one keeping ones bicycle in the bedroom. What is one to do?

I used to have the same problem, got rid of the wife , then gave up work. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Riding to work will save you lots of time which you can deploy to make additional snide comments about your fellow forumites. To the betterment of everyone, of course.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Yossie
    Cool - I never thought of that - thankyou very much!