On the look out for a new top but long or short sleeves?

Fingz999
Fingz999 Posts: 69
edited June 2012 in MTB general
Know it's partly personal fit but i was wondering do you wear short or long sleeves and why I'm talking about the top you would wear for a full day out up in hills in any weather if you could choose just one of you tops for the year?

Reason I ask is I want a new nice top I have a few I wear by none are the one I'd pick day in day out but they are cheaper tops I make do with.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Kind of depends whether it's sunny or snowing.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I'm welsh. We burn in light. So I only wear short sleeves or go naked if I'm riding down the coal mine.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Fingz999 wrote:
    I have a few I wear by none are the one I'd pick day in day out

Do you have both long- and short-sleeved ones? If none are the one you'd pick every day, it could be that you need one of each. Maybe buy the short sleeved one first because the weather's warming up a bit, and get a long sleeved one around November time
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Fox Phoenix is my go-to shirt only £10 on Chain Reaction if you're XL http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=60085

I have two and wear them whenever I can with different base layers.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Dakine tops I was given for work last year are my riding tops this year - nicely vented down the sides, good fit, not too hot - only negative is the enormous number 11 work had stencilled on the back but with a camel on no one can see it anyway.

Otherwise I wear my RF Canuck short sleeve - great but a little short in the body due to shrinkage.

I hate 3/4 sleeves - annoying.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • I hate 3/4 sleeves - annoying.

Agreed. Long or short sleeve depending on conditions but 3/4 sleeves are a big no no.
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 737
    I wish they did endura hummvee in long sleeve. I love the short sleeve one. Anyone recommend a long sleeve similar to it?

Blitz thanks for that tip off - ordered!
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito