MattC59 - Judgement day

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
After months of sitting on the fence dreaming, saving all his fat commision cheques and debating what finish to go for - will Matt order his Enigma today?

Or, is his Enigma dream being retired to cupboard of false hope? (along with Ezy's decals and Bhimas race victory)
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    It's done !!!

Esprit, British made version, bead blasted with mirror polished rear stays and decals. Columbus Minimal forks, Chris King headset and BB.

The rest of the shiny bits, including full Ultegra groupset, carbon Ultegra pedals, Rotor Agilis cranks, Deda carbon seat post and stem and 3t Ergonova Team bars, and the big hole it all left in my wallet, are sitting in a box in my study (hiding from the Mrs ).
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    haha married one year and already finding a new love. Pics please.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    Pics don't exist just yet. It's currently a pile of titanium tubes in a work shop in Eastbourne. They will be forth comming as and when Enigma send me teaser photos to wind me up !!
  • MattC59
    The only pic I have at the moment. Chain stays are straight, 3omm of spacers and 120mm stem are TBC following a bike fit :D

Frame.jpg
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    MattC59,

that seems like an awfully big frame for a saddle height as indicated. Is there a reason for that? (Context: I use a 56 (CtC) frame and have a saddle height, as per the measurement on the diagram, of 773mm).
  • MattC59
    pliptrot wrote:
    MattC59,

that seems like an awfully big frame for a saddle height as indicated. Is there a reason for that? (Context: I use a 56 (CtC) frame and have a saddle height, as per the measurement on the diagram, of 773mm).

It's a classic shaped frame, as opposed to a compact frame, so the top tube is horizontal. My Trek is a 58cm frame, but has a sloping top tube. The frame physical frame sizes are pretty much the same, but the CtC measurement is different.
  • MattC59
    Was told today that the frame will be ready by the end of the month :D Can't get down there to pick it up until 9th July at best though :cry: