Buying A Bike Cheaper from abroad

BeenMtb
BeenMtb Posts: 42
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi i am looking at possibly buying a cube bike, i have been looking around to try and find myself a bargain and have found this website; http://www.bike-discount.de i am assuming it is foreign as you paying Euros. I am now wondering why this website is so significantly cheaper than any other and is it a risk to buy from it? Has anyone here had any experience with this website.

Thanks
SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER EXPERT 2012

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do a forum search and you will find plenty of people have, they are kosher.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    They are fine. I have 'ein Fahrrad' to prove it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cheaper as the Euro has slumped so much recently, devalue the euro by 15% and prices drop by 15% for us who aren't in the Euro, eventually the prices will come back up, but they can't put thm up and down everytime the Euro moves.

The .de in the domain name means Germany (Deutshland - or Nicklouse country.....) don't need to see prices in Euro's!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Uli
    Uli Posts: 190
    Current exchange rate doesn't work in our favor. My mate got himself brand new zesty 514 from mainland that was over £400 cheaper than in UK shops. He paid normal, non sale price.