Rockrider 8.1 with 200 pounds upgrades or a 700 pound bike?

Tora75
Tora75 Posts: 40
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys i ordered a bike from leisurelakesbikes only to be let down by pretty poor online sales service ordered on Saturday and didnt inform they didnt have the bike til Monday 4pm!Anyway i am now thinking buying a Rockrider 8.1 as its pretty soild from what i can tell but then maybe adding 200pounds of up grades to it OR on the other hand should i just buy a 700 pound bike i had a look about and didnt really see anything to shout about at this price range(Maybe some of you in the know might see things different).

So my question is do i just go for the Rockrider 8.1 and give it some upgrades(also what would you guys do)or just get a 700 pound mountain bike?

Just going to use it for going to work mostly road,a few trails.

Oh i would need a size 18 0r 20 inch frame aswell...Many thanks for your help in advance guys..... :D

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    That really is a 700 pounds bike.

I'd get the RR and keep the 200 and buy bits as they break or wear.
  • Id find another £80 and get one of these before next tuesday :)
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    That really is a 700 pounds bike.

I'd get the RR and keep the 200 and buy bits as they break or wear.

+1
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or look on Pauls cycles, with £700 you could get a £1000 bike!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Rockrider or hoodoo voodoo from halfords really represent great value. There's also this Marin at Winstanleys...

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... _Bike_2011

But it's pretty much spec for spec as the RR. There's the Marin B17 in Winstanleys half price at 500 (2010 model) as well.

Also check ashcycles and pauls cycles for big discounts on 2010/2011 bikes