2 bike roof-rack...

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
...to fit 1998 Saab 900 coupé

Any suggestions or systems to avoid would be appreciated. Not looking to spend a fortune as it wont get used a lot and will only be for 20min-1hr drives.

- there's no roof-bars or anything on the car at the moment. I guess something that could also fit onto the Thule roof-bars on the 4x4 might be useful.

Cheers.
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    any of the thule bike carriers.

first get some roof bars.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Yeah - figured Thule was probably the way to go. Was just checking if there was any particular models to go for or avoid.

Cheers.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • nicklouse
    Yeah - figured Thule was probably the way to go. Was just checking if there was any particular models to go for or avoid.

Cheers.
    not really.

it depends what you want.

img1251uq.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I might get a car specific roof bars or else some generic Thule ones. All of their bike carriers are fine. The main distinction is if the carrier attaches to the down tube with a clamp, or if you take the wheel off & attach to the forks. Unless you've got a very delicate bike, I'd go for the first option.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • nicklouse
    passout wrote:
    Unless you've got a very delicate bike, I'd go for the first option.
    or an odd shaped one.
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I bought Ford aero bars and a Thule Proride 591 - cant recommend the Thuke highly enought it's great - rock solid, good quality, and easy to fit. Worth the extra cost.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco