Bib shorts.......

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited August 2012 in Road general
At risk of sounding like a certain fast show character:

Aren't they just BRILLIANT? I can't believe its taken me this long to get a pair, I think I held off becasue they look a bit weird, especially when you are not wearing them. But my word comfortable and practical - way better than non bibs in every way.

That is all :D
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• notlongnow
    notlongnow Posts: 176
    Yes they are more comfortable plus less chance of showing ya arse crack ha
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    It's difficult to get a pair to fit if you're overweight though, I found. Either they're too large around the legs if they fit the upper body, or they're too small on the body and give a massive camel toe.
  • t4tomo wrote:
    Aren't they just BRILLIANT? . . . comfortable and practical - way better than non bibs in every way

What about when you need a wazz?

(Serious question - I'm thinking about getting some)
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    You can also pretend to be a wrestler when getting ready in the morning for a ride...
  • joeweston3
    joeweston3 Posts: 40

Just roll up the leg, aim and shoot
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw Posts: 99
    joeweston3 wrote:

Or, pullover, pull down the top/waist, bend over a bit - and try not to pee up your nose :D
  • Leeuw wrote:
    joeweston3 wrote:

Or, pullover, pull down the top/waist, bend over a bit - and try not to pee up your nose :D

This has to be candidate for one of the funniest posts ever! Now would you be kind enough to buy me a new keyboards, as that choked up cornflakes are stuck between the keys.
    Some people are like slinkies - not much use for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

http://knownothingbozoandhisbike.blogspot.com/
  • Leeuw
    Leeuw wrote:
    joeweston3 wrote:

This has to be candidate for one of the funniest posts ever! Now would you be kind enough to buy me a new keyboards, as that choked up cornflakes are stuck between the keys.

:lol: You wait until you see my video on YouTube!! :lol:
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Leeuw wrote:

The most accurate description known to man.

If someone can invent a better way (applies to 1-piece motorcycle leathers too) then they will be very rich.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Road Red
    Road Red Posts: 232
    It's difficult to get a pair to fit if you're overweight though, I found. Either they're too large around the legs if they fit the upper body, or they're too small on the body and give a massive camel toe.

Worth the effort though as they act like a corset and hold in a multitude. By wearing them under my suit at work I can drop at least one suit size! :lol:

Makes sitting at a desk all day more comfortable too...........
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo wrote:
    Aren't they just BRILLIANT? . . . comfortable and practical - way better than non bibs in every way

some very amusing reponses to this, but on a serious response I must admit once I'd put mine on I had the saem thought, however its not a problem....

On mine the top of the shorts bit come up to just below belly button. Lycra is very stretchy. simply stretch down the short top, get the old chap out and have a wazz. No bending, no danger of p!ssing up ones nose.

Maybe the posters above have tiny todgers :D ?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    t4tomo wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:

some very amusing reponses to this, but on a serious response I must admit once I'd put mine on I had the saem thought, however its not a problem....

On mine the top of the shorts bit come up to just below belly button. Lycra is very stretchy. simply stretch down the short top, get the old chap out and have a wazz. No bending, no danger of p!ssing up ones nose.

Really I just unwind the laughing carrot over the top - if my hands are full (of other things) then I use the shoulder strap to hold it in place - is you todger really that tiny that you don't do the same ;-)
  • Leeuw
    t4tomo wrote:

But it's always reeaallllyyy cold when I ride - and the perineum/blood flow issue - and... :oops:
  • ricklilley
    ricklilley Posts: 110
    After a couple of years of riding in baggy shorts and some lycra shorts i bought from Lidl/Aldi. I recently bought myself some Endura Bibs, wore them for a 40 mile ride yesterday, and they were far more comfortable.

As for the peeing issue, the cut above the waist at the front is quite low, and very stretchy. So easily stretched low enough to be able to pee stood upright and aim it where you want.
    Specialized Allez sport 2010
    Handsome Dog framed MTB
  • tbh peeing is only a issue if he becomes a turtle and is hiding, if his willing to come out he can stretch far enough down the shorts to do his stuff.......
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • I wet myself once as a young teenager cos i couldnt get them down quick enough when i was bursting!
  • t4tomo
    I wet myself once as a young teenager cos i couldnt get them down quick enough when i was bursting!

anyone else have some none cycling related embaressing issues they need to get off their chest, its good therapy as Mr Neloveskona will testify. BTW Way are you Russian or Ukranian? :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • Could the moderators pls get in touch as wayneloveskona is a scammer and he's had a lot of people over on the Bmx talk forum,any ip address hwould be a massive help on closing this dickhead down!many thanks mat
  • RowCycle wrote:
    You can also pretend to be a wrestler when getting ready in the morning for a ride...

Too right!

Each time I pull mine on I'm straight back to those Saturday mornings with Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks!!! Chasing the wife round the house to inflict the inevitable "Big Daddy SPLASH"!!! :P :P
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Each time I pull mine on I'm straight back to those Saturday mornings with Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks!!! Chasing the wife round the house to inflict the inevitable "Big Daddy SPLASH"!!! :P :P

Love it :mrgreen:
  • B.M.R.
    B.M.R. Posts: 72
    Shorts like these are great, but please can I make a plea to keep them in good condition and dispose of them when they get too worn?

The reason? On a recent charity ride I ended up behind someone who was going at a good pace and I found myself enjoying the reduced wind resistance, until I suddenly realised that the seat of his shorts were so worn that I could see his arsecrack. As I lacked the intestinal fortitude to overtake him, I resolved to reduce my speed and called for the eye soap. I know drafting has its pitfalls, but I didn't realise that was one of them.