Kelvin Mackenzie

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Is the lowest form of life and a totally loathsome being, I've scraped more worthwhile stuff off the bottom of my shoe. FACT.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• PedalPedant
    PedalPedant Posts: 185
    Is the lowest form of life and a totally loathsome being, I've scraped more worthwile stuff off the bottom of my shoe. FACT.

I suspect you'll struggle to find many that disagree with you but I do wonder if anything specific has prompted this revelation. Has the odious little turd been up to no good recently?

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • Frank the tank
    Is the lowest form of life and a totally loathsome being, I've scraped more worthwile stuff off the bottom of my shoe. FACT.

I suspect you'll struggle to find many that disagree with you but I do wonder if anything specific has prompted this revelation. Has the odious little turd been up to no good recently?

PP

I've never liked him but he popped up on "this morning" spouting off, horrible person.
    Tail end Charlie

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Playing devil's advocate, he's my Dad and I think he's great.

Prove me wrong.
  • Frank the tank
    GiantMike wrote:

Prove me wrong.

Well, if he's your dad you'll obviously be genetically lacking between the ears as well, and as such you'll never understand. So there's no point trying to prove you wrong. I have my opinion of him and that's it.

BTW, if he was your dad, never mind.
    Tail end Charlie

• PedalPedant
    PedalPedant Posts: 185
    GiantMike wrote:

Prove me wrong.

I suspect this might be the sort of thing Frank is alluding to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie#Invented_stories

"When I published those stories, they were not lies. They were great stories that later turned out to be untrue — and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    GiantMike wrote:

Prove me wrong.

I suspect this might be the sort of thing Frank is alluding to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie#Invented_stories

"When I published those stories, they were not lies. They were great stories that later turned out to be untrue — and that is different. What am I supposed to feel ashamed about?"

PP

Well, you've both convinced me.

He's not really my dad!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    ........ is a cnut, there, howzat for a story?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The people to blame are the mugs who paid for his newpapers.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    The people to blame are the mugs who paid for his newpapers.

What!? NOT Wiggle?
    giant man wrote:
    ........ is a cnut, there, howzat for a story?

BTW, as we can't write cnut, I've found that CLINT is acceptable for those of us with slightly blurry eyesight.

The older I get, the better I was.

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    cünt works for me
  • Frank the tank
    nathancom wrote:
    cünt works for me

If that is so, can't you come up with a way of giving him his P45?
    Tail end Charlie

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    There's much worse out there.
    exercise.png
  • nathancom
    nathancom wrote:
    cünt works for me

If that is so, can't you come up with a way of giving him his P45?
    Got the cünt cleaning toilets at the moment, so happy not to change anything.
  • nathancom
    TheStone wrote:
    There's much worse out there.
    Yeah bubonic plague, syphilis and Cold Play
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,097
    Kelvin MKenzie - "No, I don't like the French, its a good job the channel is there, they are a pointless waste of space"

Andrew Neil - "Didn't you just buy a big house in the south of France recently?"

He is the most bigoted, hypocrtical, mysoganistic, racist, xenophobic, opinionated arsehole of the worst festering and pungeant faeces of a bloke that ever walked the editorials. He should be put in stocks so that we can sh1t on his head as gratuitously as he shat on everyone else.
    He sums up all the worst aspects of British mentality in one putrid human being and he is a waste of friggin Oxygen.

How does a man like that get to a postion of high moral responsibility and what does that make Murdoch? Those are the most worrying facts.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frank the tank
    Kelvin MKenzie - "No, I don't like the French, its a good job the channel is there, they are a pointless waste of space"

Andrew Neil - "Didn't you just buy a big house in the south of France recently?"

He is the most bigoted, hypocrtical, mysoganistic, racist, xenophobic, opinionated arsehole of the worst festering and pungeant faeces of a bloke that ever walked the editorials. He should be put in stocks so that we can sh1t on his head as gratuitously as he shat on everyone else.
    He sums up all the worst aspects of British mentality in one putrid human being and he is a waste of friggin Oxygen.

How does a man like that get to a postion of high moral responsibility and what does that make Murdoch? Those are the most worrying facts.

So he's not on your christmas card list then either mate. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

• pinno
    He is. Remember those annoying christmas cards that used to play tunes and you had to bash them to make them switch off? Well, I am designing the exploding variety.

This is the tune it will play and when you bash the card and then BOOOOM! Kelvin McKenzie, Rocket Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rFT-uHm4w&feature=player_detailpage

I bet you it will get lost in the post knowing my luck.
  • pinno
    Red Tops: A feedback loop into incidious vacany.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Has it occurred to any of you that he's just another troll, and a successful one judging by your reactions?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    The original troll? Trolling by publishing articles in the sun long before trolls roamed 'teh int3rwebz'. Kelvin MegaTroll Mackenzie.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684

Neil isn't everyone's cup of tea, but good response from him. I understand he has "previous" as far as the Murdoch set-up goes and left Sky TV under a cloud so clearly no love lost there.

When I saw the thread title I was hoping for some sort of Leveson-related humiliation of KM on an epic scale but alas not. Oh well.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Frank the tank

Neil isn't everyone's cup of tea, but good response from him. I understand he has "previous" as far as the Murdoch set-up goes and left Sky TV under a cloud so clearly no love lost there.

When I saw the thread title I was hoping for some sort of Leveson-related humiliation of KM on an epic scale but alas not. Oh well.

David

Sorry I couldn't oblige on that front, If I could I would.
    Tail end Charlie

• pinno
    bompington wrote:
    Has it occurred to any of you that he's just another troll, and a successful one judging by your reactions?

Yes, a successful troll, but does it have to be at the expense of well, peoples lives, peoples livelyhoods? I can cite many examples of the culture propogated by Murdoch, McKenzie and that slimy bastard Piers Morgan to name a few.

Remember the Eastenders youngster who committed suicide off Beachy Head 1990 ? He shared a flat above a chip shop in London after going to the Lewes drama college and getting a small part in Eastenders. A Sun journo interviewed him in his flat and found the stub end of a joint in the ashtray. The next thing the headline was along the lines of "BBC employing young druggies". He was suspended pending an enquiry. The BBC then re-instated him but the press re-ignited their campaign. He was then suspended indefinately by the BBC. They harrassed his 11 year old sister on the way to school, on the way home. His house was under seige from the press and they were prisoners of thieir own home for 2 weeks until tragically he took his life. He used to come to the Roxy night club in Eastbourne, was 'sensative' and most probably batted for the other side but he was very friendly and approachable and what the press did was unforgiveable.
    David Scarboro (Played Mark Fowler) did the same in 1988 after spurious allegations made by the News of the World.

If you think success is somehow the mark of a man, then morality becomes very obscure. Its much easier to be successful if you are ruthless and lack conscience. To say, '...judging by our reaction...', is a flippant and inconsidered remark. I presume if you were armed with the reality of the consequences of bad journalism per say and immoral practises, maybe you wouldn't be so dismissive. I can quote reams of these sort of stories from the way the press handled the Hillsborough distaster to the wholly innaccurate reporting of the Spanish Air strikes. The story of a man whos face was wrongly printed amongst a list of paedophiles who was then attacked along with his wife and children after some 'locals' formed a vigilante group. They threw stones at his house in Greater Manchester and drove him out. They had to be re-housed miles away and lived for the next 6 months in secrecy and exile.

Sorry to lecture you, but you cannot make off the cuff remarks like that unless your eyes are shut and oblivious to the greater consequences that have been far too often metered out by the gutter press in the UK.
    Success cannot in any respect warrant relinquishing responsibility and cannot be justified when it is at the expense of other people.
    There was a youtube clip (sound recording) of Murdoch saying to some businessmen in the far East in the mid sixties which included:
    "I am going to bleed the poms dry" just prior to his rise to prominence in the UK. Funnily enough, it has long been deleted.
    A better read than this: John Pilger - Hidden Agendas
    Red Tops: A feedback loop into incidious vacancy.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I think Kelvin is not a proper name. Its a compromise when the drunk parents at teh christening can enunciate "Kevin" properly and the vicar doesnt wish to embarrass his guests.

Same with Roald - if you're dad cant spell Ronald just be man about it and admit it.

Yours sincerely Harry Balls.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    Kelvin; noun - Meaning: setting the standard for degrees of depravity ?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Kelvin; noun - Meaning: setting the standard for degrees of depravity ?

willhub would still only get a 2.1 :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    Funny how when you pose a good rounded argument how the original detractors dissappear !!
    Where are you Bompington ?
    Come on Bompington (along the bompy metaphorical road of ill thought comments). Have you changed your view or do you require more evidence to support Frank the Tanks original statement?
    Do you still dribble subserviantly just because someone is successful? Personally, in the whole scheme of things, he is an abject failure. Winston Churchill once said that a society must be judged on how it treats its weakest.
    The 'suc' in success is exactly what he did to Murdochs 4rse.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Very well put pina but in its original (and worst) form that is exactly the sort of thing true internet trolls do. We often use the accusation of 'troll' for someone just trying to get a rise but there are plenty out there who do it to bully and harass and doubtless in some cases they would celebrate driving a victim to suicide. Probably the most famous case is that young girl who ill-advisedly made an anti-troll Youtube video and then ended up a victim to them herself.
  • pinno
    Pross - (Slightyl off the track) The cases of bullying and harassment on the net have been nothing short of abhorrent, sometimes resulting in tragedy. I don't know if this 'bully' mentality is promoted indirectly by the hedonists that seem to 'grace' the papers and often in political spheres. That hedonism of course was spawned when Thatcher came to power and her "...there's no such thing as society" attitude. Thank christ for the Leveson enquiry, maybe, just maybe it will make those figures with responsibility act with considerably more decorum and proffessionalism.
    That 'The apprentice' series glamourises bitchyness and bad behaviour for example. I have a degree in HRM and the whole method of selection is immoral, innaccurate and will definately not find the right candidate, but its 'acceptable' and unquestioned to most. If young people watch that, what sort of example of behaviour is it setting?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    nweststeyn wrote:
    The original troll?

Nah, the original troll was Zippy out of Rainbow.

zippy_300x350.jpg