Difference between Giant TCR Advanced & Composite

s1mon
s1mon Posts: 618
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

What's the difference between these bikes, I looked at the frame geometry specs and there exactly the same :oops: is it just the frame material.

Thanks..

Comments

• guity
    guity Posts: 113
    Just the material. The advanced is a higher grade of carbon. It is supposed to be stiffer and lighter.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Was it the Giant site you looked at?
    It shows you the different technologies involved etc.
    I've just replaced my Composite frame with an Advanced SL.
    A bit lighter but stiffer. Big square tubes rather than smaller round ones.
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    The composite bike has a fork with an aluminium steerer, whereas the Advanced has a full carbon fork

The aluminium steerer will add around 150-200 grams extra weight

The wheels are also better with the Advanced

Cheers
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Different grade carbon, and the tubes are squared (look v-nice) I did test ride them both, and couldnt tell much between them if I am been totally honest. Hence the reason why I went for the TCR Composite 1 (as would take the Ultegra over the 105 as I am a big rider and coulsnt flex the Comp!, so IMO money better spent)
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    p.s, om the 2012 the Composite 1 and the Advanced 3 have the same wheels, Gaints own P-SL1's.

Which, I might add are alot nicer than the ones that came on the 2011 model. Took it for a spin over the weekend, and I was going to sell the wheels (like I did when I got the 2011 model) but im going to keep them as my training wheels, as I was shocked on how nice they are for standard wheels!)